Contribute
Register

anyone else problem with Sound ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macintosh:~ hansel$ md5 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
MD5 (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA) = 14dbd71c4c8da4260a6572e08cb7f794
Macintosh:~ hansel$

Is that what you were looking for?

Your AppleHDA.kext is not patched correctly. You must have used the wrong option for "OS X support kexts" when you used the ProBook Installer.

Restore vanilla AppleHDA.kext and re-run the ProBook Installer with the correct option for "OS X support kexts".

How do I do the vanilla restore?

How do I do the vanilla restore?

You have an "Installer Backups" on your Desktop. Find the one that was created when you first ran the ProBook Installer after the fresh install of Mavericks (there will be no color tags on it). Install it with Kext Wizard, then run the ProBook Installer. Reboot and test.

Thats the strange thing. I don't think I did. I wasn't rushing through the processes because like I said before, I'm not in my element here. So I tend to take thing slow and double check.
But either way. You solved another problem for me and I thank you.

Let us know what you find is the cause...

I actually did not know the reason. For the first try follow your guide i delete the DSDT in Extra, reboot and then run Probook Installer then rebuild permission and cache but nothing happen. It make me crazy.
Then i delete the DSDT and using the old Probook Installer with the 10.8.3 kexts and then my Probook is like a big brick :lol: no sound, no wifi even no keyboard too.
So i tend to do a fresh install but i got luck in the third try. I delete the old DSDT reboot and using the Probook Installer v6.1.9 and now my Probook is fully working, everything is fine now. :crazy:
Note: I'm sure all the options in Probook are the same for 3 times.

sound works for me just wished it were louder and clearer. On windows with the IDT sound driver it's loud and clear. In OSX volume is low and using boom causes too much distortion.

Speaker works, headphone jack doesn't work!

Thats the strange thing. I don't think I did. I wasn't rushing through the processes because like I said before, I'm not in my element here. So I tend to take thing slow and double check.
But either way. You solved another problem for me and I thank you.

If you think there is a bug in the ProBook Installer, please provide your /var/log/install.log so it can be analyzed. Compress it and post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back