Contribute
Register

Anyone else getting the "raid" mark on their boot drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any other drives plugged in? I had it too but I had 4 HDD plugged in while upgrading. I unplugged all the SATA's except my SSD, reformatted and installed again and it worked fine. After I did multibeast I plugged other drives in.

Just a heads up since you have SSD.

When you do finally get it going, something might be up with multibeasts trim enabler. I was getting a gray screen on reboot with a circle and a line through it when I install TRIM from multibeast.

Only have one SSD drive plugged in.

Thanks for the Trim hint, I normally use Trim Enabler from Cindori software. I will try it as soon as I'm able to boot directly from my SSD.

Ok i found a way to fix this problem. Install Yosemite as normal. If you get the "Raid" on your Yosemite disk, boot into a working backup disk (assuming you have one). Next make an image of the Yosemite disk. Now erase and repartition the Yosemite drive. Then your going to reimage the Yosemite drive with the image you made earlyer. now boot to the USB Installer drive and you will notice the "Raid" is now gone from the Yosemite drive. Select the Yosemite drive and it will boot up just fine. Then run Multibeast and your done.

Ok i found a way to fix this problem. Install Yosemite as normal. If you get the "Raid" on your Yosemite disk, boot into a working backup disk (assuming you have one). Next make an image of the Yosemite disk. Now erase and repartition the Yosemite drive. Then your going to lreimage the Yosemite drive with the image you made earlyer. now boot to the USB Installer drive and you will notice the "Raid" is now gone from the Yosemite drive. Select the Yosemite drive and it will boot up just fine. Then run Multibeast and your done.

Thanks, Bro! :thumbup: This worked perfectly for me!

***UPDATE***

Installed & configured Clover. iMessage is working perfectly now, and no other issues have arisen.

I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.
:headbang:

Last edited:
I've found that you can also "revert" the logical volume and Core Storage using a simple command:

diskutil cs revert UUID

where you replace UUID by your Logical Volume UUID. "diskutil list" will give you the UUID

I'm also running Clover now, pretty much perfect now but I find it a little hard to configure for my Gigabyte Series 6 and the Intel HD 3000, but great once configured correctly!

Thanks hackbox, this got me past the can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel bit

Chief

I've found that you can also "revert" the logical volume and Core Storage using a simple command:

diskutil cs revert UUID

where you replace UUID by your Logical Volume UUID. "diskutil list" will give you the UUID

I'm also running Clover now, pretty much perfect now but I find it a little hard to configure for my Gigabyte Series 6 and the Intel HD 3000, but great once configured correctly!

Thanks for the revert command. I was bangin my head for a couple hours on this "Missing /System/Library/Kernels/mach_kernel" message. I quadrupal checked my configs. I really like chameleon and want to stick with it. I finally found this thread by looking up "Chameleon raid icon".

I noticed diskutil listing a /dev/disk1 thanks to Core Storage. I dumped the first sector of /dev/disk0s4 and the first 512 bytes (0x200) have been modified by Core Storage. The next 512 bytes are the rest of chameleons boot1h file. I tried to dd boot1h back to /dev/disk0s4. After a reboot it reverted to the Core Storage header.

I even found this awesome forensic white paper outlining GPT and MBR analysis methods. It was the first place I found the GPT header signature structure. http://www.digitalforensics.ch/nikkel09.pdf My thinking was just change a byte for the partition type. I was wrong. "diskutil cs revert /dev/disk1" was much easier. Thanks again.

The Raid icon is still there because Chameleon is picking up the Recovery partition. Looks like I gotta hide this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back