Contribute
Register

Anybody with msi x58 pro/sli/e/ or similar had success?(or " darwin 86" rebooting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
msi x58 pro
CPU
core i7 920
Graphics
gtx 295
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
specs
msi x58 pro
gtx 295
core i7 920
6gb ram

When running uni beast get to boot loader screen then when i select the ml installer screen goes black for 10-20 seconds then computer just reboots
if I verbose boot it just runs through loading all the kexts gets to the end with "starting darwin " line followed by the boot args then reboots
I had no problem with installing snow leopard or mountain lion if that makes any difference
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

gt

I'm looking for help with nearly the same system. I have an MSI X58 Pro that works great with Lion, but I can't get a USB UniBeast to get to the Installer. I've tried UniBeast 1.5 and the 1.51 that was recently updated. My graphics card is a GTS250.

Mine will boot the UniBeast USB drive, and then I get a grey screen for about 5 full minutes during which it is loading stuff from the USB drive (I can see the activity light), and then the system just reboots. Hard drives are set to AHCI in the BIOS and I've tried both with and without HPET enabled. No matter what boot arguments I try (PCIRootUID=0/1, -s, -x, -v, etc.) mine does the same thing every time - grey screen for 5 minutes and then reboot.

Anyone having any success with these MSI X58 series motherboards?

You need to mod the the graphics related Kext

Hi I am using Msi x58 pro e
I7 920
Asus EAH6850 DC

I to had problems getting the installer running starting from Mountain lion Dp 4 to gm and final
for me the fix was adding my GPU ID into the ATi6000Controller kext the Ati support kext before that all I got was a stuttering white screen

Also what bootloader are you using ?

I have ML working perfect now btw with full QE/CI and Hardware accelerated h264 on msi x58 pro e

Same Problem here with MSi x58 pro-e, GTX 260 & GTX 560 - can't reach installer, reboots after Dawin x86_64

@Razor29: can you tell me which install method you have choosen & if the ALC889 works (and if which kext/enablers have you installed)

many thanx in advance

Hi I am using Msi x58 pro e
I7 920
Asus EAH6850 DC

I to had problems getting the installer running starting from Mountain lion Dp 4 to gm and final
for me the fix was adding my GPU ID into the ATi6000Controller kext the Ati support kext before that all I got was a stuttering white screen

Also what bootloader are you using ?

I have ML working perfect now btw with full QE/CI and Hardware accelerated h264 on msi x58 pro e

Can you detail a bit more about what all you used to get ML installed? And unfortunately the part about the ATI kext isn't much help to us with NVIDIA cards.

Can you detail a bit more about what all you used to get ML installed? And unfortunately the part about the ATI kext isn't much help to us with NVIDIA cards.

Exactly... I'm sitting here with a working 10.7.4 build with an nVidia GTS 250... but it seems like all anyone can talk about is ATI cards! LOL

MSI X58m + GTX 460 not working =( over here. Hope there will be a fix or solution soon.
Works flawless with Lion 10.7.4

has anyone tried an upgrade install from 10.7.4 using msi x58 pro or similar?

yes, I did so - update also doesn't work from 10.7.4 to 10.8.0 release

and yes, bios is up to date: 8.f 2011/3/19 - ahci, hpet, s3 activated

and yes ati fix won't help with nvidia card

@garthtrickett: could you plx tell us, which installation method you have chosen and if the sound of the integrated alc889 works with voodoohda or patched applehda

many thx in advance

Im still on 10.6.8 guess we are waiting on fix for msi x58 with nvidia cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back