Contribute
Register

Anybody have 10.8.5 running with a 4790, 4790K or 97 series MOBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just curious as I would like to try a Z87X-UD5 TH with a 4790K and be able to run 10.8.5...

Bump! I will be purchasing a 4790K within the next couple weeks and see if I can get it running with a Z87X-UD5 TH, by means of using a cloned 10.8.5 drive.

I will check back in on this thread to detail my experiences as well as check to see if there's any other thoughts/opinions/advice from any others in the community.

Well, finally made it down to the only MicroCenter in CA and scored a 4790K, made it back to San Jose & installed on an existing rig which is equipped with 10.8.5 as well as 10.9.4 on another partition.

So far 10.8.5 will boot only in safe mode, 10.9.4 gets KP even when in safe mode, and than requiring a restart, the Windows partition appears to have taken to the new processor without issue.

I currently have 32GB of RAM, which has been running stable with the 4770K... I think I'm going to try removing a couple sticks to see if that has any effect.

You may need a BIOS update to run that CPU.

^ yeah I had updated the BIOS to 5d a few weeks ago so that I could run 32GB of RAM w/o freezing.

I actually ended up getting everything to work later that night buy disabling VT-D.

I am going to put the system thru it's paces tonight with this large session that I need to finish mixing.

Thanks for your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back