Contribute
Register

Any way to get LG UH12LS28 BD-R to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CustoMac Pro - GA-Z77X-UP5 TH F9
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 680
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all-

I purchased the UH10 model per TonyMac's guide. However, the seller on Amazon sent the wrong model... The UH12LS28.

Is there any way through a kext to get this model working?

Thanks

I purchased the UH10 model per TonyMac's guide. However, the seller on Amazon sent the wrong model... The UH12LS28.

Is there any way through a kext to get this model working?

Thanks

There are lots of DVD/Bluray drives that work in OSX, Tonymac's drive is tried and tested, thats why its on this site. It may work, but if it was me that ordered a product and received another I would send it back. Hang in to the thread as someone may have it working. Give it a day for peeps to reply. :D

Thanks. I noticed they sent me the wrong model after I installed it, unfortunately. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller to see if he has the correct model. Otherwise, I'm going to grab one from eBay. Just so frustrating. Amazon and Newegg are great, but the lag time when there are issues is really getting on my nerves.

Got the UH10 installed and all is well. Strangely, I think my issues had something do do with a bad batch of blank DVDs. They had worked for me in the past, but perhaps they're no longer compatible with newer models. They are probably a few years old. Weird, overall. But glad the new drive works with my inkjet DVDs.

Will test Blu-rays tomorrow.

The drive should work with both DVD and Bluray and even work with sleep.
LG is known to work fine on a hack and on a real Mac.

I am currently using the [h=1]UH12LS29[/h]

The drive should work with both DVD and Bluray and even work with sleep.
LG is known to work fine on a hack and on a real Mac.

I am currently using the [h=1]UH12LS29[/h]

Thanks for the response. The drive plays discs just fine, but it does not write to them. I noticed on the recommended gear page that he had not checked off "read/write" for the drive. Maybe it's an isolated incident for me or maybe there really is an issue with the drive (maybe just under ML?)

It should be as simple as plug 'n' play, right? I don't need any .kext files to get it working, do I?

If I can't get it to work, once I can sell it the drive, I'm going to try the Pioneer BDR-207DBK, as I hear that one also works - and it's one that is recommended to install in Mac Pro towers. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back