Contribute
Register

Any way I can leave the 8GB in for a reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MEG Unify Z490i
CPU
i9-10850k
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My 10.6.7 install got botched during an update when I got a KP (fermi does it again!). I need to do a system reinstall and am trying to use the following:

iBoot (latest)
OS X Snow Leopard Retail Disc (10.6.0)

I keep getting KPs when I try to boot the DVD via iBoot. Have tried a variety of flags. Do I need to remove 4GB due to 10.6.0 having the older kernel? Or, is there another way?

:confused:

JoshNYC said:
My 10.6.7 install got botched during an update when I got a KP (fermi does it again!). I need to do a system reinstall and am trying to use the following:

iBoot (latest)
OS X Snow Leopard Retail Disc (10.6.0)

I keep getting KPs when I try to boot the DVD via iBoot. Have tried a variety of flags. Do I need to remove 4GB due to 10.6.0 having the older kernel? Or, is there another way?

:confused:

Dunno...I have reinstalled many many times with all 16 Gigs installed. I do boot 10.6.3 as the starting point.

Yes, reinstall with 8GB.

In the unlikely event that you face any problem, just boot with 'maxmem=4096' instead.

I haven't taken out any RAM for the last 20 installs...it's probably an old requirement they forgot to remove from the list. iBoot is very clever these days.

Yes if i boot with the new iBoot it say that i have 4 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
Though i have 8GB.
And i never had problems installing with 8 GB
So iBoot 3.01 automaticly boot with maxmem=4096
I think it has to do with your bios settings

Weird. Wonder why I'm getting KPs then. I'll have to take a closer look.

Anyone here using the original retail 10.6.0 and not the 10.6.3 disk? Maybe that's it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back