1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hello, I am trying to find a supported video card

I found a nice fanless geforce 210, but, as it is common, the same gpu is sold from dozens of different manufacturers

I read that the geforce 210 is supported out of the box with hdmi audio and multimonitor support (right?), does this means that ANY card with the geforce 210 gpu will work, or I have to look for a specific vendor/model?

Thanks

Generally chip manufacturers have a standard reference design for each new chipset....this has been tested and is offered to board manufacturers so they can get to market quickly and offer reliable compatible products. That said, there is no requirement that board manufacturers follow said reference design.

So the answer is that most boards with a supported GPU will work. BUT, you might want to do a quick check in the hardware wiki (under Resources at top of page) and do a search in the forums to make sure that it is not one of the few that deviated from the reference design and has issues.

Remember to remove all dashes from board names as they will be interpreted as minus signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back