Contribute
Register

Any Successful Installation on Intel Haswell Based NUC Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC D54250WYK
CPU
Intel Core i5-4250U
Graphics
Intel HD5000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
PC: Intel NUC D54250WYK Core i5-4250U, Crucial M500 480GB SSD, Crucial 16GB Memory

Issue: Mavericks Unibeast keeps rebooting, unable to enter installer.

1. Boot from USB, enter the chimera boot screen
2. Hit enter key, the apple logo flashes once, monitor turn black
3. The computer reboots and goes back to chimera boot screen

Anybody got successful Mavericks installation on Intel Haswell Based NUC Kit? (D54250WYK or D34010WYK)

PC: Intel NUC D54250WYK Core i5-4250U, Crucial M500 480GB SSD, Crucial 16GB Memory

Issue: Mavericks Unibeast keeps rebooting, unable to enter installer.

1. Boot from USB, enter the chimera boot screen
2. Hit enter key, the apple logo flashes once, monitor turn black
3. The computer reboots and goes back to chimera boot screen

Anybody got successful Mavericks installation on Intel Haswell Based NUC Kit? (D54250WYK or D34010WYK)

You need to patch the kernel. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

Installing Mavericks from Unibeast 6.0.1 was stucked on White Screen and Cursor Spinning,After apple logo (in case i use GE=NO) !
If i use GE=YES it gives me Memory allocation Error ati.c
In case i use -x i am able to boot in Installation Menu but after Finishing installation i cant boot normally , always have to use -x

Specs are mentioned below the profile!

PLS HELP BEING WORKING ON IT FOR 4DAYS STILL NO SOLUTION --- HELP PLS

Installing Mavericks from Unibeast 6.0.1 was stucked on White Screen and Cursor Spinning,After apple logo (in case i use GE=NO) !
If i use GE=YES it gives me Memory allocation Error ati.c
In case i use -x i am able to boot in Installation Menu but after Finishing installation i cant boot normally , always have to use -x

Specs are mentioned below the profile!

PLS HELP BEING WORKING ON IT FOR 4DAYS STILL NO SOLUTION --- HELP PLS

You have a Haswell NUC with AMD Radeon?

You need a patched kernel to get past the booting issue.

After many trial and errors, I've finally had success on Haswell NUC D54250WYK, with accelerated graphics, etc. I documented the process on my website, but yesterday I tried to post it here and got rejected by the site moderation. I don't quite understand what was against the policy here but here you go again: www.thev.net/PaulLiu/nuc-hackintosh.html.

Thanks, but that not a good candidate for any upgrades, then...

Thanks, but that not a good candidate for any upgrades, then...
Search the forum to read about the successful install guide. As long as the updates does not contain the kernel you are fine, otherwise you just have to patch the kernel again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back