Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Has anybody upgraded their computer that has this mb to Mavericks? With a XFX6870? Any issues?

i haven't found any success over here.

after installing mavericks and rebooting, i cannot get into mavericks for the first time to run multibeast.

i've tried various combinations of graphicsenabler=yes/no, pcirootuid=1/0, npci=0x3000/0x2000, arch=x86_64, mode=1280x800x32 etc.

all i get is kernel panic. no clue what to do.

my video card is the ATi 5770 1GB

yup got it running. video card is a HIS 6870, p67a-ud3 rev 1.1 . post installed with easybeast, no audio though, I just use my fasttrack pro.

I just finished updating my hack running a p67a-ud3-b3 (Rev. 1.x F9 bios) + 2500k + GA GTX650Ti to 10.9 from 10.8.4. The whole process went very smooth. Mostly for kicks, I decided to try an in place update after backing up my previous installation.

•Create Unibeast Flash Drive named Installer.

•Boot from Flash Drive and Select installer from Chimera. (my machine got stuck on a gray screen for what seemed like 4-5 min, but the Installer welcome screen did finally display)

•Install the update as normal

•Boot to the flash drive again and select internal drive from Chimera.

•Run Multibeast

> DSDT using the download available from this site for the F9 Rev. 1.1
> Drivers
> > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC889
> > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
> > Disk > 10.9 Trim Enabler
> > Misc > FakeSMC
> > Misc > FakeSMC HW Monitor
> > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx
> Bootloaders > Chimera 2.2.1
> Customize > Boot Options > (Use the selected defaults)
> Customize > SSDT > Sandy Bridge Core i5 / i7 Overclocked
> Customize > System Definitions > MacPro 3,1

•Reboot and Enjoy.

Up and running for 2 hours. So far everything is working perfectly. System seems much snappier than before.

I have it running nice on my I5-2400 sig machine. I'm fairly new to this Apple OS X stuff.
I burned Mavericks to usb and used easy beast then after that worked I used a DSDT.

I used the same settings as Sevoneone's post. I am trying to get the dvd player to play movies with a kext replacement. That's the only issue I've had so far. Audio,Vid,Net all work.

I've been a tech for a long time and avoided macs until lately. I had to see what all the hoopla was about.
Apple seems to have hit their stride in the last 5 yrs so here I am. The hardware has been prohibitably high priced for me but I could spare $20.00 to upgrade a broken 2,1 macbook to Lion and so I got this upgrade too.

Thanks for the help getting me my first Mac OS X machine running from mainly the how-to's. ;)

thanks sevoneone.

I'm stuck here.

•Boot to the flash drive again and select internal drive from Chimera

I can't boot into the new mavericks drive. (upgrading my system from 10.8.3). that's where my problem lies. you think it has to do with my bios being at F4? I'm a bit hesitant on upgrading it to F9.

thanks.
zaius.

My suggestion would be to update the Bios to F9. That is what I am currently running.

About a year ago I clean installed 10.8, this was the guide I followed: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/67939-p67a-ud3-b3-rev-1-1-success.html

I I was running the F5 or F6 bios back then and tried to install 10.8. I had a very hard time getting OS X to boot. Lots of KPs at boot. I tried a ton of things, boot flags, changing what SATA ports I was using, swapping out RAM... I finally gave in to updating the Bios to F9 and it just worked after that. I'm using the exact same Bios settings as Zassop posted in the 10.8 thread I linked to above with the exception of being overclcocked.

Overall I am very pleased with 10.9 and the latest Unineast/MultiBeast tools. Everything is working as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back