1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I've been using clover and making my own boot loaders since Yosemite. If at all possible, I'd like to continue to use Clover. However, I'm wanting to try Big Sur on my Dell Latitude E6430s. I've tried building my own OpenCore and have honestly almost gone crosseyed trying. Any pro tips? I'm not sure I want to learn a new boot loader, but I will if I have to.

I spent two hours yesterday reading the beginners' guide for OpenCore.
The result was that my current Catalina install booted without any hiccups whatsoever - and if anything, booted quicker!

If worse comes to worst, you will have lost two or three hours of your day learning something - and you never know when you might need it!

In any case, if you really do not wish to move away from Clover, here's a link from the front page of this forum:

Apparently, staff here is recommending Clover r5120 or higher for BigSur - so I suppose they have brought support forward.

I don't know what the future holds, but once upon a time there was a boot loader called "Chameleon".

I spent two hours yesterday reading the beginners' guide for OpenCore.
The result was that my current Catalina install booted without any hiccups whatsoever - and if anything, booted quicker!

If worse comes to worst, you will have lost two or three hours of your day learning something - and you never know when you might need it!

In any case, if you really do not wish to move away from Clover, here's a link from the front page of this forum:

Apparently, staff here is recommending Clover r5120 or higher for BigSur - so I suppose they have brought support forward.

I don't know what the future holds, but once upon a time there was a boot loader called "Chameleon".

Problem is, I've tried to make an Opencore boot loader for my Latitude. I've even tried booting Clover using the updated 5121 and the updated plists and kexts. Nothing.

To make matters worse, I even tried on a Desktop I made using Multibeast. No mods, hacks, nothing. Still KP's. So I was simply asking if anyone had success yet. The only thing I've had success booting Big Sur on is an unsupported 2010 MacBook Pro. Even then it's unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back