Contribute
Register

Any success with Catalina on i7-7700k with Z270 Gaming 7 MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the EFI folder. Right now I do not use this mainboard and I can not say if everything works.
Copy the provided folder to EFI/Clover/OEM/ if this not meet your expectations, just delete it and you're back to the old config.

When I use your EFI, my system crashes very quickly after starting to boot.... I pinpointed it down to you config file.
i noticed your number of Kexts was quite small also.. I had a few extra legacy kexts from previous builds.
i was able to boot quicker with your kexts... so that’s a bonus... but still no luck on using accelerated graphics.
I assume your config is for external gpu... and I wasn’t sure what settings to remove to make it work with my system.

what’s the z270 kext... first time Ive seen it.

I think you are not using the UEFI mode, try the now folder. Unfortunately I can not test it now.
The Z270XGaming7 kext adds some personalities for USB ports, trim and other features.

Attachments

• Z270X-Gaming 7.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 123
I think you are not using the UEFI mode, try the now folder. Unfortunately I can not test it now.
The Z270XGaming7 kext adds some personalities for USB ports, trim and other features.
I'm confused by your most recent update.
How is this zip any different to the first one?
It looks almost the same to me in terms of kexts and most importantly the config.plist.

I'm confused by your most recent update.
How is this zip any different to the first one?
It looks almost the same to me in terms of kexts and most importantly the config.plist.
If you have copied the the folder to clover/OEM, it depends on whether you are using legacy or UEFI. Now the config is the same.

I also have z270 and the installation hangs towards the end .. How did you solve it?

I also have z270 and the installation hangs towards the end .. How did you solve it?
I haven’t yet. Still running Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back