Contribute
Register

Any success in building a Hackintosh with Huawei Matebook X Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am interested in this!

Hi guys,
First of all, this is more of a laptop compatibility question; this forum is mainly for advice on desktop components and builds. Maybe go over to the more experienced Laptop Compatibility forum?
Second of all: a quick search on the site show seldom, incomplete information for Matebook X pro; some source seems to point out that its touchpad is attached via I2C, a troublesome point in laptop builds. Also, Matebook X Pro has a soldered-in, irreplaceable INTEL WIFI chip (AC8265, it appears; see this teardown), which means your laptop's WiFi is not going to work in macOS (unless, of course, you can manage to replace the chip). Another solution will be sacrificing the only USB-A port to the USB-WiFi-adapter-god.
In conclusion, it might not be the best idea to install macOS on Matebook X Pro, as the lack of information and the soldered Intel WiFi chip can cause you numerous hassle. It is one of the nicest ultrabook on the market, too sad it is not fully compatible...

any update since june ?
this model reach Europe and offer good prices for "looking good" hardware.

I'm interesseted too.

any update since june ?
this model reach Europe and offer good prices for "looking good" hardware.

I'm interesseted too.
its been done

hey that's a good news, any link to this achievement ?
any issue with the hardware as previously reported or now everything is OK ?
Here you go, just use the guide that is provided in the github readme page. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks I found it using your profile,
that is interesting.
Happy user of this machine ?
yes quite, but as for hackintosh uses, it is still not idea yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back