CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, want to build my 1st Hackintosh, here are some of my hardware considderations, which after doing some research, i think are some good options to make a powerful Hackintosh run Davinci Resolve on, which is my main reason for it, also because of the (ProRes) codecs not available on a windows PC,
Products:

Sapphire Radeon VII

Intel Core i9-9900K - Processor

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER ?

Gigabyte Z390 Designare - Moederbord

Asus RADEONVII 16G - Grafische kaart

or using a 580 type of graphics card ?

Will some of these components be extremely hard getting to work, or the combination of them ... ?

I want to run Davinci Resolve (maybe Studio version also) with eaz at high resolutions.
Any special care needed for (fast) RAM memory ?
I want to use M2 storage option(s)

Thanks in advance !

Thank you for those links ! I have started to read those posts, for now i get the impression it's doable, but still flakey,
a RX580 might seem a better choice, also also Z370 seems a better choice, and a thunderbold card of choice, then using the Z390 Designare with build in TB3... also discovered that EFI bios fw/settings is a thing of these days, some decades ago i started with a 66MHz DX pc, windows 3.10/11 I wanted a pc at that time, because you needed a very expensive turbo module to be able to run a web browser on the Amiga Commodore, for the pc there was just far more hardware choices available.
I have used Windows for a very long time, up to XP, but got anoyed by it's vulnerability for mallware, and it getting slower every time more software was added, and some personal problems where also at play..
So at a certain time i bought a Macbook Pro, version: Early 2015 13" 8GB RAM 256GB SSD, at that time this was what i thought was reasonable, and on the safe side to spend my money, i did know the concept of Apple at that time, WYSIWYG, and it's softwhere :) concept, i like the stability of the OS, and have found the software i needed (free) that i also used on M$windows.
But now, getting into video editing i'm in need for some more "power" to have a "pleasant" workflow,
So that's my story, i used some simple video editors in the past, and on my MacBook i came accross Davinci Resolve, which is a free version only if you want some more "pro" options, you can pay for the Studio version,
After seeing some Youtube videos i got quite handy with this editor, now i use it mostly for some VHS transfers, but i also want to use it for my Lumix G7 (Panasonic) recordings, FullHD and 4K.
Sorry, for beeing a bit off-topic, but this is the reason "behind it all" for getting started with building a Hackintosh, to me it is a perfect combination, Intel PC, and a fork of the Mac OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back