Contribute
Register

Any problems with BD/DVD drive, or internal card reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55-USB3
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here's what I'm thinking about putting together. This is a pretty basic setup intended for mostly general-purpose computing, but I will also occasionally be editing video from an AVCHD camcorder, doing audio recording, and maybe playing a few older games (anyone still play Quake 3 Arena? ).

NewEgg wishlist
Basically, it's a GA-P55M-UD2, i5-750, 4GB DDR3 1600, GeForce 9400GT.

Two more unusual items I am planning to get are an internal memory card reader, and a Blu-Ray combo drive. Obviously I won't be able to play Blu-Ray discs in OS X ("bag of hurt" :rolleyes: ), but I want to be able to rip them with MakeMKV and transfer the rips to the home theater system. I'd be pretty surprised if either device didn't work right, but I'd rather be surprised now than after purchasing them, so if anyone's had any problems with them on a Hackintosh, please let me know.

Afaik, you can't rip blu-ray discs, but I could be wrong, haven't paid too much attention to it. Internal card readers work just fine as long as they use a USB interface.

I had a blue-ray drive model LG GGC-H20L the issue I had was with the computer going to sleep for what ever reason the Blue ray would not let it. I just replaced it with a liteon DVD rom and sleep works perfectly.

If you find a model of blue-ray that works let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back