1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 11.25.25 AM.png

OS X Mavericks compatiblility list was exposed by Appleinsider:

People familiar with the Mavericks Developer Preview have informed AppleInsider that the OS supports the following Macs:

iMac (Mid-2007 or later)

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later), (17-inch, Late 2007 or later)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
Mac Mini (Early 2009 or later)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
Xserve (Early 2009)

In other words, any Mac that can run OS X 10.8, can run OS X 10.9.
Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...ion-likely-compatible-with-os-x-109-mavericks

So, that means there is a chance to get our 10.8' hackintosh to run Mavericks right ?

So, that means there is a chance to get our 10.8' hackintosh to run Mavericks right ?

The core of the operating system is not fundamentally changed in any way. I don't know if that answers your question or not.

The core of the operating system is not fundamentally changed in any way. I don't know if that answers your question or not.

ok thanks
It's not even out anyway :p

There are rumors that Mavericks will require signed kexts, which could make things interesting for the community.

There are rumors that Mavericks will require signed kexts, which could make things interesting for the community.

I hope this doesnt happen, But in all honesty I think apple lets this go as in my experiance most want a laptop and and apple one at that and Hack build often lead to a legit purchase later on.. I know I'll be buying a haswell 13" Retina as long as 256gb is the minimum...

your list is accurate ... for now ... :lol:

Yes! So glad to hear. Will be buying 10.9 as soon a tutorial is released.

got a feeling the board will be filled with people confirming different hardware works or does not work once Mavericks is released. Will the buyer's guide have confirmations for the different Amazon-linked hardware as the confirms come in? I have been wanting to build a hackintosh/customac for awhile now, but with Mav right around the corner, i have been holding off.

my 2007 iMac, while still very usable, is getting a little long in the tooth. need a new mac soon, but not one as limited as the ones Apple makes. I still need FireWire 400 and 800 ports, as well as the ability to connect 3 1080P displays to it. The only real options I would have are getting a MegaMan arm-cannon MacPro (2013), or getting the previous MacPro (2012 or earlier).

however, since I already have a case, power supply and SATA hard drives, all I would really need to get are the Mobo, CPU, ram, video card and firewire card (at minimum, mobo/cpu/ram to make sure it works first, the rest can wait). Just need to make sure everything is a-okay with the hardware compatibility first (like everyone).

the humerous part will be stuffing all of the components into a large Gateway 2000 tower case (http://www.vonslatt.com/images/cc6-gateway-donor.jpg) Note: not my photo, but that is most definitely the same case that I have. this thing is just about 2 feet tall and has PLENTY of bays for internal and external drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back