Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone had success with any of the PCI family of Lynx cards?

From my research it would indicate that they should work as there isn't anything to suggest they won't. There is a common OSX driver for all of there PCI/PCIe cards, it's 64 bit and 10.9 compatible.

I want to add another audio interface to my main system that runs PTHD so I can use Core Audio while PTHD is running (PTHD takes total control of the HD hardware while running). I've got a Digidesign (Magma) PCIe>PCI chassis to install the PCI card in. I'm not interested in using a USB or Firewire interface for this job as I need the highest quality for minimal cost, and that's were PCI comes in, as its a dead standard, top notch cards can now be had for very little money.

I'm eying up the L22 as it has the right feature set for the job, reputed to sound very good, has expansion options and would seem to be a steal at less than $300 secondhand.

Well, I just installed a Lynx L22 PCI Card in my Magma PCIe>PCI expansion chassis that is hooked up to my studio hack (running 10.8.4) and it's running perfectly! It sounds pretty darn good to!

i also installed the Lynx LS-ADAT expansion card which I'm yet to test.

So, I now qualify the Lynx L22 PCI card on a hackintosh. My thoughts are that all Lynx PCI/PCIe cards should work as they share a common driver.

Thought I would wake this one up. I am running a 4790K build with Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H motherboard, which has PCI as well as PCIe slots on it, and am also interested in running Lynx PCI cards, as they are much cheaper than the PCIe versions.

But I am running 10.9.5 and have heard rumours that Mavericks has no PCI support. But then the same source said that PCI support went by the wayside in favour of PCIe after Lion, which is obviously not the case, if you can run your old Lynx card as I see here......or is it to do with your chassis converting to PCIe??

Looking to get an AES16 PCI card with an LS-ADAT card hanging off it.

Any thoughts on whether this would work deeply appreciated.

Has anyone had success with any of the PCI family of Lynx cards?

From my research it would indicate that they should work as there isn't anything to suggest they won't. There is a common OSX driver for all of there PCI/PCIe cards, it's 64 bit and 10.9 compatible.

I want to add another audio interface to my main system that runs PTHD so I can use Core Audio while PTHD is running (PTHD takes total control of the HD hardware while running). I've got a Digidesign (Magma) PCIe>PCI chassis to install the PCI card in. I'm not interested in using a USB or Firewire interface for this job as I need the highest quality for minimal cost, and that's were PCI comes in, as its a dead standard, top notch cards can now be had for very little money.

I'm eying up the L22 as it has the right feature set for the job, reputed to sound very good, has expansion options and would seem to be a steal at less than $300 secondhand.

I used a Lynx AES16 PCI on a EVGA X58 SLI Classified 3 with i7 920 in OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion for a couple of years. Worked flawlessly with my Apogee AD16X and DA16x units in Pro Tools and Logic. Super Solid system. I also used this card successfully in Windows 10 on a MSI Z97 SLI plus which has a PCI to PCIe bridge. Never tried that setup on OSX though.

Well, I just installed a Lynx L22 PCI Card in my Magma PCIe>PCI expansion chassis that is hooked up to my studio hack (running 10.8.4) and it's running perfectly! It sounds pretty darn good to!

i also installed the Lynx LS-ADAT expansion card which I'm yet to test.

So, I now qualify the Lynx L22 PCI card on a hackintosh. My thoughts are that all Lynx PCI/PCIe cards should work as they share a common driver.

Hi, I'm interested in the subject. I would like to install on my hack 10.9.5 with schedamadre GA B75 gigabyte a Lynx ONE. can you help me? What drivers should I install? Thank's

Hi,

For those interested. I just installed a lynx l22 card on my dell optiplex 9010 (perfect working with this guide). Everything works great. Surprising that this old PCI card still works well even under Mojave! I used the driver build 55.

Hi,

For those interested. I just installed a lynx l22 card on my dell optiplex 9010 (perfect working with this guide). Everything works great. Surprising that this old PCI card still works well even under Mojave! I used the driver build 55.
Is the Lynx card PCI? and if so, what converter or adapter are you using.
If I can expand my hackintosh with a Lynx AES16 card, I can suddenly use this Yamaha DM1000 with a MY16AE card installed and get a 16 track audio interface with built-in compressor and EQ for the low price of 3000 pesos

Yes, it's a lynx PCI, the L22. The L22 a two analog channels. I don't have any other converters just the L22 for now. But I can extend with the digital channel (two channels like a apogee rosetta 200). I don't have adapter, my motherboard have a PCI slot.

I don't use the latest driver. I use the build 55. I don't know if it's the same driver for your card (Lynx AES16).

Is there someone who use the L22 running on Sierra? For myself it’ functions but not perfectly. wondering how it is for the other users

Hi, I have a Lynx AES16e running perfectly on catalina. Drivers from Lynx Studios, sounds amazing. Overkill as it has way too many other functions as I only use it to stream to my DAC via AES/EBU. Amazing card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back