Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First I would like to thank everyone for this brilliant site, has helped me learn a lot.

I have been pulling my hair out to make the Quadro FX 5800 work on my system. It;s a Dual xeon 5650 with a supermicro Mobo, 12 GB ram. everything works good (the things I need, didn;t care about audio) except the card. I searched through internet for the past two days and tried to do everyhing, edited the NV50HAL.kext and added the ID for the card (0X05fd, found through google). But I can't get past the welcome screen( or black screen in verbose mode) if GraphicsEnabler is set to Yes. Without the card my rig is pretty useless, as I want to run Unity 3D on it. Any help/what other things I can try will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I am in the same boat, any updates if you got it working?

I'll save you years of struggle and frustration with editing kext and KP around every corner. Give up.:banghead:

I have been attempting a working OSX machine with my Leadtek Quadro fx 5800 since 2010. No luck. Reverted to Windows 7 64bit, Intel Xtreme Mobo, i7 CPU + loads of RAM to utilize the card to full potential for my 3d apps(Inventor, Revit, 3DS Max, Maya) & Adobe suite. No support in Mac. Sorry bud.

The windows machine runs like a monster for work and I ended up building a budget i5 MAC with a GTX 285 for pleasure.

Good luck with your endeavor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back