1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Apple
  3. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Working on a supermicro X9DAi and wondering if anyone had luck getting the network to function with the Intel i350 ethernet.

Pretty much nothing to do after the first MultiBeast install. No drivers.

You can see the 32 threads and 64GB ram here:

3264.jpg

Hi there,

also on a X9DAi, using Mavericks 10.9.1. Everything smooth so far...

AppleIGB.kext installed and working, but always when launching (only) Apple Mail, Network connection gets lost.

Driver Issue for sure, so AppleIGB is just up to 10.8

Anyone news about activity on http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/ regarding 10.9 Build?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

Intel i350 with Clover/Yosemite working:

Just enter faked for LAN 0x15338086 in Devices and FixLan in ACPI. No kext patching, etc.

Regards,

Michael

Hello everyone,

I know this post is old, but I'm running the same board (X9DAi) on 10.9.5 but on my side AppleIGB is terribly unstable, and produces 90% of the time kernel panics.

Has anyone here experienced that too ? If so, how did you circumvent that problem ? the nics are Intel's i350.

I've tried using the IntelE1000.kext and adding the devices ID's from the AppleIGB, and strangely the NIC seems to be recognize, but is unable to do DHCP or to effectively send information. I tried setting a manual IP and pinging outside doesn't work (not even the router).

Any ideas ?

Hi,

use my patched DSDT (attached) with original AppleInteli210 Kext.

Delete all Patched Kexts and use only the dsdt with clover.
In the clover Kexts Folder I have only FakeSMC and VodooTSCSync

I also renamed USB to EHCI. They work with El Capitan (only USB2.0) and MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS.

USB3.0 in Yosemite works with the clover patch described here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ec-renesas-upd720200-usb30-to-work/?p=2177903

I also managed to get Power Management working, but now I am running 5,1 SMBIOS which is the most stable, but without PM and Turbo.

And, btw, update to latest BIOS 3.2. All the former BIOS were horrible buggy with non WINDOWS EFI, and they went bricked with clover easily.

Regards

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    52.7 KB · Views: 226
Mike,

Thanks a ton for your solution, I will give your DSDT a try right now and report back on how it went with it. Bios has already been updated to it's latest form.

Do you use any other particular flag like "Fix_Lan2000" and such ?

Any particular reason on why you aren't using PM and Turbo ? Usually using the patched AICPM + SSDT gives good results... had it working previously here. Will make tests...

How did you managed to install El Capitan ? I tried to do it but at some point booting with -v text displayed gets scrambled and I get a prohibition sign, I guess it's USB related, and probably your DSDT fixes that I suppose. Does PM/Turbo and your Network fix work under El Captian too ?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but been fighting this board ;)

Hi,

to use AICPM + SSDT you have to use imac or macpro6,1 smbios with sandy bridge as well as ioplatform kext, or did you get it working with the 5,1 SMBIOS? I was not able to test so far, in the midst of a project... But with Yosemite and 6,1 SMBIOS things were working...

Attached my Clover EFI Folder. See the SMBIOS Section in config.plist, you should generate a new SMBIOS and a UUID with terminal command uuidgen, I deleted my UUID and Serials. If you have Sandybridge, I think iMac12,2 should be for Sandy Bridge, but I was also able to have Turbo+PM with MacPro6,1 but it is always a Update-risk (Blackscreen Issue AppleGraphicsControl.kext)

Best regards,

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 150
Hey Mike,

First of all, thank you for the DSDT, it is working perfectly and now I have network cards working.

I am in the middle of a project too, so I didn't had time yet to really push this board through, I was running a Z9PE before this board, but that ASUS board is a real problem, bad bios, unstable USB ports (at boot, not even talking OS here). But, when I was running the Z9PE I was able to get PM working under MacPro 5,1, MacPro 6,1 and such.

I would tend to stick with the MacPro 5,1 since I have dual GPUs (Nvidia 780 + Titan) and I believe that SMBIOS is more "open" to different GPUs. I will see how it goes with that... otherwise I was planning to switch either iMac 12,2 or MacPro 6,1. Thing is those two are sometimes problematic with the GPUs (specially regarding AGPM.kext, to get PM working on the GPU).

Regarding the MacPro 6,1 config, as far as I recall you can patch the AppleGraphicsControl.kext to avoid black screen and that problem is gone.

I will be able to conduct more tests today and I will let you know how it went, I will try to run mavericks clean and fully supported first, once that it's done I will give "El Capitan" a try and see how it goes (I really want to test the Metal API support).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back