Contribute
Register

Any KextToPatch for SATA Hot-Plug ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to you for replying. I keep searching. If I find a solution, I’ll post here.
My bad , it works!!
But Hard drive Icons are grey (internal), not Yellow

Finally, I noticed the incorrectly named "External icons patch" and disabled it (pictured below). Rebooted. And, Viola! It works! :thumbup: Now my hot swap drives show up as external / orange icons as expected.
For some reason, I must have had that incorrect patch there for Years! All is working for me now with 10.15.4. My internal NVMe shows in grey and the SATA hot-swappable shows in yellow/orange.

I can also eject from PathFinder.

Note, that the main container (for the 2 drives 10.15.x breaks up a single drive into now) still shows up in Disk Utility even after ejecting, but I can turn off power to the SATA drive after ejecting, and turn it back on again, it it's recognized with no errors.

BTW - I removed the AppleAHCIPortHotplug.kext (installed by Hackintool). It ?may? have caused some issues where the SSD was disappearing. Haven't seen that happen for 6 Carbon Copy backups since I removed it.

Hi - If you're still looking for the Hotplug solution see the attached. You must mount the EFI Partition and add this to the config.plist also enable 'Hotplug' to the particular port in the BIOS. This solution will also show the Yellow Icon for all external disks as per a real Mac. Good luck.

The entry is:- Name = com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort
Find = 40600200
Replace = 00000000

Thanks, this works for me on 10.15.2 ! Now I can access to my secondary HDD.

But the bizarre thing is that I cannot enter macOS after installing the AppleAHCIPort kext. The -v mode say that:

AMF: Only 255/256 slide values are useable

Luckily I can enter the recovery mode. Then I delete the kext and enter macOS. Voilà, the HDD still exists and works find with Disk Utility.

confirming it works with OC 0.5.8 and catalina 10.15.4

Hi - If you're still looking for the Hotplug solution see the attached. You must mount the EFI Partition and add this to the config.plist also enable 'Hotplug' to the particular port in the BIOS. This solution will also show the Yellow Icon for all external disks as per a real Mac. Good luck.

The entry is:- Name = com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort
Find = 40600200
Replace = 00000000
It actually breaks 'Put hard disks to sleep when possible' feature, but works for hotplug. Any ideas on how to preserve both options?

EDIT: Looks like I have found solution for my issue. I removed patch, took AppleAHCIPortHotplug.kext from Hackingtool (thanks for the hint, guys) and now I have hot plug working, while my other spinning drives stop in a while after not being used as they should.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi! I just switched to OpenCore and I tried to apply the patch but no luck. I don't know if I'm setting it in the right place also in the right format. I'm attaching a pick of how I set it. Hope any of you guys could help me. Thanks in advance:

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-12-29 a las 9.18.29.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-12-29 a las 9.18.29.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 44
Hi! I just switched to OpenCore and I tried to apply the patch but no luck. I don't know if I'm setting it in the right place also in the right format. I'm attaching a pick of how I set it. Hope any of you guys could help me. Thanks in advance:
Hi - Your entry is not quite right, If I may suggest, download a copy of PlistEdit Pro for better editing although it's a paid app, you can use it for free. Use it to open your config.plist and make the Hot Plug Patch entry exactly as shown in my example. Good luck.

Attachments

• Hot Plug Patch.png
    Hot Plug Patch.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 91
Hi - Your entry is not quite right, If I may suggest, download a copy of PlistEdit Pro for better editing although it's a paid app, you can use it for free. Use it to open your config.plist and make the Hot Plug Patch entry exactly as shown in my example. Good luck.
You're right!! My entry was awful!! Thank you very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back