CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've made a copy of my installed macOS Mojave partition to an USB connected SATA disk before I started the update process to Catalina. I decided to first try to update the USB disk. Booting macOS Mojave from the USB disk is slow but it works. Then I've started the update process. First step is downloading, second step starting the installer and after that de system reboots. Selecting the right partition to boot from: USB drive install macOS. This works, Apple logo comes up and I see a lot of USB disk activity. But after half an hour or longer, no activity is noticed. One screen is black and showing the mouse pointer, responsive to how I move the mouse as should. Second screen is black and white with some distorted white graphics and a repetition of enlarged mouse pointers.
I've rebooted the system and I've noticed that I've got a new partition exact same name but with the addition 'data' to it. It seems that the copy/renew process is not completed. See the attached image for a comparison between the two disks.

Anyone a clue what is not going well in the update process?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 11.01.29.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 11.01.29.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.