Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3-EFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 960 + HD 4000
Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time thread starter.

I have Sierra installed and going on just fine (updated from El Cap) but I'll have to get the HD4000 graphics going as I'll have to RMA the GTX960 which I'm currently using. Tried a bunch of different bootflags and id platforms but no cigar so far, I'll get stuck on boot. I had the HD4000 working in the past with Mavericks but it's been a long time since that and I can't remember exactly what I did back then.

Can anyone help get that HD4000 rolling with Sierra?

Thanks in advance!

You have a mixed configuration, like me. 6-Series (z68) motherboard with 7-series cpu (i7-3770/HD4000).

Try here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-and-hd-4000-on-6-series-motherboards.67263/

The instructions there are for editing the plists in the kexts, but you can use the information to patch them using clover instead.

EDIT: it seems im using a different method now, use clover configurator to do the following:

ACPI> new way > AddIMEI
DEVICES> IMEI > 0x1e3a8086
GRAPHICS> Inject Intel

Hopefully this works for you or someone else can verify this.. i'd hate to be responsible for breaking your install

Last edited:
Thanks a lot @filbert87, that worked!

No need to edit the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB in my case, it had the right values. Just editing AppleIntelFramebufferCapri sealed the deal.

It's showing 1536MB of memory, is that correct?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 1.21.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 1.21.12 PM.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 295
Grand, thanks!

Just want to say thanks for this thread. Helped me find the original thread and got this scenario up and running!

Hi all, came across this thread and wondered if you could shed some light on my HD4000 issue (Z77 UP5TH with i7 3770k).

Have successfully migrated from Yosemite to Sierra (10.12.3). Two interesting things so far, HD4000 works with full acceleration without GPU installed. When I install GPU (Titan X) I get full graphics and acceleration but no HD4000 graphics......stumped as to how I get both working. Have been back through Several builds (Stork amongst others) and configured BIOS (F12) according to recommendations. Running with a Mac 13,1 system (have been for several version now).

I installed using Multibeast but then had to supplement with Clover config and boot loader as I had boot problems (USB injection) and using Clover Config has enabled smooth running. I had to inject audio kexts to get fully working sound so presumably I need to do the same to get HD4000 running......I have read some guides pertain gin to HD4400/4600 etc but not sure if this is related to my problem?

As I use apps that are sensitive to having Intel Graphics running I'd like to get this fixed. Is this a Kext related issue or an IG Platform ID issue? I've attache my config for ref if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Much obliged to the community, the info here has helped me Hack with full working system from ML to YSM with no issues and lots of different GPUs (680, 980 and now Titan X).

Hi all, came across this thread and wondered if you could shed some light on my HD4000 issue (Z77 UP5TH with i7 3770k).

Have successfully migrated from Yosemite to Sierra (10.12.3). Two interesting things so far, HD4000 works with full acceleration without GPU installed. When I install GPU (Titan X) I get full graphics and acceleration but no HD4000 graphics......stumped as to how I get both working. Have been back through Several builds (Stork amongst others) and configured BIOS (F12) according to recommendations. Running with a Mac 13,1 system (have been for several version now).

I installed using Multibeast but then had to supplement with Clover config and boot loader as I had boot problems (USB injection) and using Clover Config has enabled smooth running. I had to inject audio kexts to get fully working sound so presumably I need to do the same to get HD4000 running......I have read some guides pertain gin to HD4400/4600 etc but not sure if this is related to my problem?

As I use apps that are sensitive to having Intel Graphics running I'd like to get this fixed. Is this a Kext related issue or an IG Platform ID issue? I've attache my config for ref if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Much obliged to the community, the info here has helped me Hack with full working system from ML to YSM with no issues and lots of different GPUs (680, 980 and now Titan X).

Hey Mac,

Did you find a workaround ? i got the same prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back