Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Screen Shot 2012-07-22 at 7.26.01 AM

So far there is no support in Snow Leopard for ivy bridge.

stinga11 that's sounds pretty awesome, but I don't have any idea how to change kernel or anything about it.
I haven't install any OS yet on my new computer, and it seems that snow leopard don't work with ivy bridge without that kernel.
so I have Snow Leopard 10.6.7 DVD and intel i5-3570K. How can I do it like normally chimera installation style + use your kernel?
I mean where I can put that kernel, on installation DVD or some of tonymacosx86's software?

To All

As this link suggest someone has done a modifyed kernal for the MAC OSX and this is not recomended nor supported by the Policy and Regulations
I also think this makes any Legal OSX OS null and void

Also any questions as to the site listed above should be directed to the forums on that site and not in forum links on the TonyMacx86 website -
And as Going Bald has mentioned their is no support from Apple on the use of Ivy Bridge CPUS and OSX10.6.X

Most likely never will .....

To All

As this link suggest someone has done a modifyed kernal for the MAC OSX and this is not recomended nor supported by the Policy and Regulations
I also think this makes any Legal OSX OS null and void

Also any questions as to the site listed above should be directed to the forums on that site and not in forum links on the TonyMacx86 website -
And as Going Bald has mentioned their is no support from Apple on the use of Ivy Bridge CPUS and OSX10.6.X

Most likely never will .....

Dude, but how we can install hackintosh then, if we don't have other mac?!
to install lion or mountain lion we need another mac.
we can't install snow leopard cause we have ivy bridge processors/mobo's!
this is making me crazy...

Dude, but how we can install hackintosh then, if we don't have other mac?!
to install lion or mountain lion we need another mac.
we can't install snow leopard cause we have ivy bridge processors/mobo's!
this is making me crazy...

Sampsucka

I feel you pain but the issue is that CPU - Apple will not patch or release a newer OSX10.6 kernal cause to them its a dead revenue stream - no money$$$.

If you have or can borrow a sandy bridge CPU you would stand a better chance of getting this off the ground so to speak, but w that cpu and tonys methods your in NLS (no such luck) of acomplishing this - that I am aware of .
And then when you move to 10.8 you could swap out that CPU to your orginal one.

And as this OS is more that three years old - and hardware is greatly improved from 3 years ago - why would they want to do that - plus this new method cuts down on the # of hacks that can be built (until someone circumvents their install process).

I asume you would make a copy of a working SL onto usb hard drive using carb copy cloner, put the hacked kernel onto the usb then boot from usb and copy from usb back to ur hard disk, thats how i would do it.

I asume you would make a copy of a working SL onto usb hard drive using carb copy cloner, put the hacked kernel onto the usb then boot from usb and copy from usb back to ur hard disk, thats how i would do it.

Halgrim and all

I suggest we look at this and do some searches for what you need w these web sites that are available to you

TonyMac listing of alternative sources for information you may find useful
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2130

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back