Contribute
Register

Any hackintosh compatible USB 3.1 Type C Pci-E cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pastrychef @UtterDisbelief

Thank you for the quick reply pastrychef.
I've been having with USB3 problems with this build.
Attached are two screen shots. The PCI shot from Hackintool and the location of too many EFI folders.
Do you want me to upload the whole folder?
Just let me know.
not your efi backups but your EFI on your EFI partition

Has anyone tried this...? USBMap?

I managed to turn off ALL the USB ports on this machine so it mapped all the ports and worked.

I obviously don't know how to use this tool and it took me a few days to sort out.
Even my BkUp drives were plagued with the mistake.
So does that mean it's part of the bootloader?

I could move the mouse while the Apple screen was loading but once I got to my home screen every port was off.
Frightening!!

Thank you for the quick reply pastrychef.
I've been having with USB3 problems with this build.
Attached are two screen shots. The PCI shot from Hackintool and the location of too many EFI folders.
Do you want me to upload the whole folder?
Just let me know.

No, not a screenshot of your EFI backups... Please attach a zipped copy of your EFI folder from the EFI partition of your main system drive.

If you look at your Hackintool screenshot, you will see your USB 3.1 gen 2 ports. They from the ASM2142 controller. These ports are completely separate from Intel chipset USB ports. Since macOS has built-in support for ASM2142, you should not have to do anything to make them work.

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 9.45.45 AM.png

If you look at your Hackintool screenshot, you will see your USB 3.1 gen 2 ports. They from the ASM2142 controller. These ports are completely separate from Intel chipset USB ports. Since macOS has built-in support for ASM2142, you should not have to do anything to make them work.

The USB-C port and the RED USB3.1 port on the MB do not work.
The USB-C port on the Fractal case works BUT the cable has to be orientated a particular way.
The USB-C drive will get power either way but will only mount one.
And once it does, it doesn't show up in the sys info.
There is no USB 3.1 BUS in the USB Device Tree.
The iLok is plugged into a USB2 port as is the keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
No USB3 ports are populated at all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 11.02.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 11.02.10 AM.png
    339.8 KB · Views: 121
The USB-C port and the RED USB3.1 port on the MB do not work.
The USB-C port on the Fractal case works BUT the cable has to be orientated a particular way.
The USB-C drive will get power either way but will only mount one.
And once it does, it doesn't show up in the sys info.
There is no USB 3.1 BUS in the USB Device Tree.
The iLok is plugged into a USB2 port as is the keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
No USB3 ports are populated at all.

You have two SSDTs for USB in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. I don't know if either of them are configured correctly, but you should not have more than one installed.

You also have KextsToPatches to address the 15 port limit in your config.plist. If you have proper USB 15 port limit fix in the SSDT, you should not have these enabled.

Side note:
You should not inject Intel graphics in config.plist.
iMac14,2 is a pretty poor choice of system definition for Kaby Lake.

The attached screen shot shows an ext USB drive mounted on my desktop.
This is a SSD with only USB-C connector. It's connected via the C type connector on the Fractal case.
It does not show up in the sys info or the USB Bus tree.
You have two SSDTs for USB in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. I don't know if either of them are configured correctly, but you should not have more than one installed.

You also have KextsToPatches to address the 15 port limit in your config.plist. If you have proper USB 15 port limit fix in the SSDT, you should not have these enabled.

Side note:
You should not inject Intel graphics in config.plist.
iMac14,2 is a pretty poor choice of system definition for Kaby Lake.

OK.
One thing at a time. First, thank you for taking the time to help me. I'm in way over my head here.
Let's start with your last side note.
Using the Mojave install directions posted here and MultiBeast this machine will not work without the iMac14,2 SMBIOS. I've tried 20+ different Multibeast configurations and it will only boot using iMac14,2 SMBIOS.
How can I fix that?

The attached screen shot shows an ext USB drive mounted on my desktop.
This is a SSD with only USB-C connector. It's connected via the C type connector on the Fractal case.
It does not show up in the sys info or the USB Bus tree.

OK.
One thing at a time. First, thank you for taking the time to help me. I'm in way over my head here.
Let's start with your last side note.
Using the Mojave install directions posted here and MultiBeast this machine will not work without the iMac14,2 SMBIOS. I've tried 20+ different Multibeast configurations and it will only boot using iMac14,2 SMBIOS.
How can I fix that?

Don't worry about the USB-C on the case. We don't even know if it's wired correctly. Plus, I'm almost positive you don't have a USB 3.1 gen 2 header on your motherboard.

What kind of graphics card are you using?

OK. How do I correct this? Delete one and see what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back