Contribute
Register

Any hackintosh compatible USB 3.1 Type C Pci-E cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly sure what they mean by no need for extra power supply
It just means the card gets it's power from the PCIe slot. Every USB port has to have power to work otherwise it's useless.

I have used ASM1142 and ASM2142 based USB 3.1 gen 2 cards. Both chipsets are natively supported by macOS since at least Sierra.

For the ASM2142 based card, was it being used in a computer similar to the HP Elite 8300 SFF? If so, was there anything in particular you had to do to make the computer aware of the card under Mojave? I am testing the Startech PEXUSB312C2 and the computer isn't seeing the card in the System Information. It does recognize the board's builtin USB 3 and devices connected to that.

For the ASM2142 based card, was it being used in a computer similar to the HP Elite 8300 SFF? If so, was there anything in particular you had to do to make the computer aware of the card under Mojave? I am testing the Startech PEXUSB312C2 and the computer isn't seeing the card in the System Information. It does recognize the board's builtin USB 3 and devices connected to that.

No, I never tested in an 8300. I tested in my Z370 build and my Optiplex 3050.

I never had to do anything other than plug it in for the cards to be recognized.

I am testing the Startech PEXUSB312C2 and the computer isn't seeing the card in the System Information.
Put it into a Windows machine to test it and rule out a hardware cause. Also try it in different PCIe slots on your HP. Maybe one of the x1 slots is not functional.

I have used ASM1142 and ASM2142 based USB 3.1 gen 2 cards. Both chipsets are natively supported by macOS since at least Sierra.
Hi @pastrychef,
I’m running Mojave 10.14.6 with a GA-Z270X Designare MB.
I cannot get the USB-C ports to work. Is there a fix for this?

Hi @pastrychef,
I’m running Mojave 10.14.6 with a GA-Z270X Designare MB.
I cannot get the USB-C ports to work. Is there a fix for this?

Assuming they are USB 3.1 gen 2 ports, you shouldn't have to do anything to get them to work.

Please launch Hackintool, click on the PCI tab, and take a screenshot then post here.

Also, please post your EFI folder.

@pastrychef @UtterDisbelief

Thank you for the quick reply pastrychef.
I've been having with USB3 problems with this build.
Attached are two screen shots. The PCI shot from Hackintool and the location of too many EFI folders.
Do you want me to upload the whole folder?
Just let me know.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 9.45.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 9.45.45 AM.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 9.55.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 9.55.22 AM.png
    300.1 KB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back