Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte UD4 X99 v1.1 / Bios F23
CPU
Intel i7 5820k CPU OC 4.5ghz
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960
I'm looking for feedback from anyone who uses the Gigabyte X99 UD4P E-ATX motherboard and if there were any setup issues to get their X99 up and running?

I would go for the UD4 but it has unfortunately been discontinued.

My plan is to use the Unibeast/Clover method

Many thanks

Noodlez

Im in the same position right now. UD4 isn't available anymore and I would like to tryout a build with the 5820k and the UD4.

Noodlez what did you do to get your build together? did you use an older UD4 in the end ?

Hi,

I managed to get a new UD4 X99 off amazon about 4 months ago, if I remember right it was a retailer based in Germany sold through Amazon.

I would have gone with the UD4P version as it's more up to date but it is E-ATX so it wasn't compatible with the Fractal Define R5 case which Id planned to get.

Once you've all your parts and finished the build here is the guide I followed to get up and running perfectly

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...capitan-10-11-2-clover-guide-100-working.html

may i ask you why an UD4 and not a Asus X99-a or s ?

i am between those, an online shop here in france have ud4 in stock but asus x99-a is doing the job aswell

Thib

Hi,

Yes I have seen many Asus X99 builds around that have successfully got everything up and running good, however I'm not sure which method/guide they used in particular to achieve this.
Apparently Gigabyte boards are easy to use with Hackintoshes from what I have heard

Thanks for the reply noodle and yeah, Malik's guide is it for me too! :thumbup:

Im based in germany aswell and found an old UD4 board version 1.0
you are using version 1.1 it seems, but I think malik used 1.0 too since he did his build in early 2015.
So I think it woudln't be a difference, would it ? :crazy:

@dystress: for me its the same reason to use the UD4: maliks guide!
I plan to use it with a i7 5820k for Audio Production with a firewire audiointerface

Yeah there should be no problem at all, just make sure that you update your Bios version to the latest before you install Yosemite or El Cap etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back