Contribute
Register

Any fully compatible motherboard with 775 socket and DDR2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I had a similar problem as Yoru and I want to thank Lupeto for his board recommendation :thumbup: worked out great for me :D

I have to add though that I used the multibeast installer for audio, lan and graphics. Works like a charm :rolleyes:

malako said:
First of all, I had a similar problem as Yoru and I want to thank Lupeto for his board recommendation :thumbup: worked out great for me :D

I have to add though that I used the multibeast installer for audio, lan and graphics. Works like a charm :rolleyes:

What board did you use?

Yoru said:
malako said:

What board did you use?

I used the GA-G41 ;) most of the stuff works, the stuff that doesn't work can be fixed (audio input, boot from harddisk) but I couldn't find the time to fix it yet.

Hello Guys,

Iam new to the x86 project.
I wanted to upgrate my hardware because iam running on my amd and i wanted to have an retail build.

i have been looking for advice which motherboards i should buy.
i have searched the iboot+mulitbeast component list but i did not find this motherboard there.

First Motherboard i wanted to buy but not know if its compatible for a retail build.
Gigabyte GA-P41-ES3G, Intel P41, ATX, DDR2, PCI-Express

other choices:

MSI P43 Neo-F, Intel P43, ATX
ASUS P5KPL SE G31
Gigabyte GA-EG41MF-US2H Intel G41

The compability list not showing if the GA-P41 is working with a retail build??
What you think?? i hope so.

Thanks for advice

my board finally arrived, but I am having some troubles with the installation... :cry:

I opened another topic

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12565

So I know this thread is just over 5 years old now, but I'd like to experiment with some LGA 775 Hackintosh stuff as well. I have an Intel DP35DP mobo, and it refuses to boot ANYTHING... whether it be a disk (HDD/SSD/DVD/CD etc) or USB. Nothing. No matter what I do it comes up saying that it can't find a bootable device... and this is with UEFI Boot on or off alike.

I came across this thread when looking for compatible Gigabyte boards, as my first Hackintosh back in like 2009 was using one. Since Tony and MacMan came out with the Unibeast method, has anyone tried to installed OS X onto this legacy platform like that? I'd only want to go as high as 10.9 Mavericks, though since that machine isn't a production machine I wouldn't mind to try Yosemite or even El Capitan, given I've read people with the same grade hardware have reported that the upgrade worked fine with everything (?) working.

Is there one posted somewhere or could someone write a Unibeast LGA 775 Install guide? That'd be awesome, but again since this tech and thread are over 5 years old I'm not expecting anything quickly.

Also, Yoru, your link to your separate thread at this point for some reason doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks,
Shiggitay

So I know this thread is just over 5 years old now, but I'd like to experiment with some LGA 775 Hackintosh stuff as well. I have an Intel DP35DP mobo, and it refuses to boot ANYTHING... whether it be a disk (HDD/SSD/DVD/CD etc) or USB. Nothing. No matter what I do it comes up saying that it can't find a bootable device... and this is with UEFI Boot on or off alike.

I came across this thread when looking for compatible Gigabyte boards, as my first Hackintosh back in like 2009 was using one. Since Tony and MacMan came out with the Unibeast method, has anyone tried to installed OS X onto this legacy platform like that? I'd only want to go as high as 10.9 Mavericks, though since that machine isn't a production machine I wouldn't mind to try Yosemite or even El Capitan, given I've read people with the same grade hardware have reported that the upgrade worked fine with everything (?) working.

Is there one posted somewhere or could someone write a Unibeast LGA 775 Install guide? That'd be awesome, but again since this tech and thread are over 5 years old I'm not expecting anything quickly.

Also, Yoru, your link to your separate thread at this point for some reason doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks,
Shiggitay

I have successfully installed El Cap on a GA-EP45-UD3P with a Core2 Quad. Your Intel board is a generation older with a 35 chip rather than the 45 chip I have. You might be able to install 10.6.x with iBoot Legacy.

I have successfully installed El Cap on a GA-EP45-UD3P with a Core2 Quad. Your Intel board is a generation older with a 35 chip rather than the 45 chip I have. You might be able to install 10.6.x with iBoot Legacy.

Since I last posted in this thread I've managed to get El Capitan to install, but I've not found a bootloader that successfully shows up on reboot. Clover refuses to show up, and after I install it (be it from MB or from the generic installer pkg) and reboot my mobo gets stuck with a solid (non-blinking) insertion point, and a "BB" in the bottom right corner. What does that mean? Is the newest version of Clover not compatible with the DP35DP? When I manually go into the boot device menu and select the drive El Capitan is installed to it complains of there not being any bootable devices, which makes no sense.

Also, yeah I think I have indeed tried installing 10.6.x and it worked, but I'd like to be able to run more recent software than what SL supports. Would I be able to upgrade from 10.6.x to at least 10.10 without losing "boot-ability"?

Thanks,
Shiggitay

Keep in mind that Sierra requires that your CPU support SSE4.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back