Contribute
Register

Any fully compatible motherboard with 775 socket and DDR2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lupeto

Thanks for the informatuib, I have been trying many methods from many posts. Each has been a learning process the last week. I have the same motherboard, bios rev 9. I have download the files and boot cd and I am currently installing again. Could you please let me know which files and process in the linked post you are referring to for the ethernet and such? I have been through all the pages of the linked post and I am over taken by all the files and options. If you have successfully achieved this..I would like to duplicate your success.

Thanks

Files: http://linksave.in/8852294904c489ebd4a593

Here are the steps from that guide for LAN and Audio:
Audio

Open up G41M_Files/Audio and run AzaliaAudio.pkg. Install it on your HD.

Lan

To get your internet to work you have to install a kext. It's easier then it sounds.

Go to G41M_Files/Tools and double click the Kext Helper b7.zip. Open up Kext Helper b7.

Now go to G41M_Files/Lan double click RealtekR1000SL.kext.zip and then drag the RealtekR1000SL.kext to the Kext Helper b7. Enter your password and hit "Easy Install"

It should look like this:

bildschirmfoto20100127u.png

Good luck!

Thanks, I will give it a try when I get back from a meeting. I have to figure out the correct file for my processor which is a Q8300. Something stopped the boot loader from working. Will report more later...thanks again.

I can say I am honestly frustrated. LOL

I have followed a ton of instructions and I do like this one the most because of the video size and I was able to get the audio to work, though I can not select any input. I can see the nic but it is not able to pick up data from the dhcp and the bootloader dies at the " you need to power off the computer" prompt.

revmagi said:
I can say I am honestly frustrated. LOL

I have followed a ton of instructions and I do like this one the most because of the video size and I was able to get the audio to work, though I can not select any input. I can see the nic but it is not able to pick up data from the dhcp and the bootloader dies at the " you need to power off the computer" prompt.

I think you're going to have to tell us what steps you actually did for us to be able to help.

i.e.
- boot disc
- slow leopard version
- snow leopard combo update packages
- other packages you ran and the options you selected
- kexts you've installed

the problems you've described a bit ambiguously...can you describe each one separately?

I'm assuming that you're using the boot disc to boot up, since you're getting a KP on the bootloader. Sounds like a kext problem...

I'd recommend ridgel1ne's tutorial/post-installer, but it seems that his site is down :problem:

Here is the google cache of his tutorial, though for some reason it is black text on black background, so highlight the text to see it:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... -a&strip=1

Basically, it is much the same as iBoot/Multibeast, though:

- use EmpireEFI instead of iBoot: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yimizgizuzz
- use ridgel1ne's post-installer instead of multibeast. I've attached the post-installer, which includes the correct DSDT for the G41M motherboard.

For audio and ethernet, use the files/steps from the following guide:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 09359&st=0

Attachments:
Gigabyte G41M-ES2L Post Installer v2.3.mpkg.zip [7.84 MiB]
Downloaded 2 times

I have version 1.4 of MB and Version 9 of bios.

I used the EmpireEFI bootdisk - I like the resolution
I installed retail 10.6.3 disk
I then installed the ridgel1ne's installer you provided the line for. I selected default CPU since my Q8300 is not listed. I then reboot and it KP's there.

I boot with EmpireEFI bootdisk and run the audio installer in the MB file you provided and reboot. I also run the kext file for the nic card as specified in the post.

I have also tried these with 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 updates as well.

The audio while working, does not have inputs for any source.

I hope this helps.

Seems that the audio and ethernet are different for the 1.4 version of the mobo.

See this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... &p=1542371

I think it'd be best to get it booting up without KP first though.

To save me time for reinstalling, after installing snow leopard, I use Disc Utility to save a DMG of the snow leopard installation onto a USB hard drive.

Then, if I want to start from scratch, I reformat the hard drive and then restore the snow leopard DMG onto the hard drive, which takes a lot less time that installing from DVD.

Could you try using EasyBeast as the post-installer, to see if it boots without KP?

I used EFIbootloader.

I have reinstalled and upgraded to 10.6.5 Combopack and run the Easybeast only, no extras and I boot without issue.

I downloaded the audio installer and it works for audio out, nothing to select for input

I installed the realteck888E driver and it sees the nic but it is not able to connect manually or via dhcp. Card works with windows HD from the swap bay.

i have had the nic working before. I would going to run through some of the configurations and as I have been reading I am starting to understand some of the process. I will see if I can figure out whch kext was being used when it was working.

Glad you're seeing progress...it might be worth posting up your Audio Input problem as a separate thread...someone may have overcome the same issue.

I don't know whether it's worth trying VoodooHDA....the sound quality isn't as good as AppleHDA, but might get your audio input working.

Again, it might also be worth posting up your NIC problem as a separate thread too.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help... I will keep track of all my progress and what works with what so that I can try to piece it all together in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back