Contribute
Register

Any fix to the Garbled/Distorted Headphone issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arghhhh!

Ok where would i get a correct version, i remember getting a patched applehda and modifying my dsdt, there would be no reason for me to have a patched IOAudio kext at all from the guides I read...

Arghhhh!

Ok where would i get a correct version, i remember getting a patched applehda and modifying my dsdt, there would be no reason for me to have a patched IOAudio kext at all from the guides I read...

The correct version comes from the Yosemite installer. Many patched AppleHDA kexts come with a patched (actually modified/built from sources) IOAudioFamily.kext as that was the old method to correct for EAPD.

Not mine....

Mines just had the applehda kext and a readme file saying to set to audio layout 3, the person in the thread with this codec has the same one...some guy named "mirone" built it.

reinstalling a combo update to be sure though... I will report back I feel I'm close

Yes!!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yes!!!!!!!!!

It works! wooooooo

Thank @rehabman and to to the other guy for the kext! Woo!!!!!!

Yu were saying something about sleep and you wanted to test right?

I can confirm that the headphones work after sleep but the speaker does not, distortion is completey fixed now though.

Yes!!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yes!!!!!!!!!

It works! wooooooo

Thank @rehabman and to to the other guy for the kext! Woo!!!!!!

Yu were saying something about sleep and you wanted to test right?

I can confirm that the headphones work after sleep but the speaker does not, distortion is completey fixed now though.

I'll be pushing an update to CodecCommander that has the changes... (and some other fixes).

Probably tomorrow or later tonight.

Basically, it is just a confirmation that ALC255 shares a lot in common with ALC283 (which my Lenovo u430 has).

I assume that ALC255 has node 0x21 as headphone?

After a bit of reading of the Intel HDA spec, I've got a fix for headphone jack detection not working after wake from sleep with Perform Reset=true (need to execute a 0x21 SET_PIN_SENSE 0 [0x02170900], which is a pin sense "execute").

If you can confirm, I'll combine the changes for ALC255 with my official build.

Cannot test sleep for now...... maybe later time....

Ok! Let me leave my feedback.

Intalling CodecCommander attached by lisai in S/L/E the kext is loaded.

Code:
 122    0 0xffffff7f823f0000 0x5000     0x5000     org.tw.CodecCommander (2.2.1) <90 12 4 3 1>

The headphones work good but sometimes I lost the audio after the sleep. When this happen if I plug the headphones and I put the laptop into sleep, after the wake up the headphones work again.

The last kext taken from here https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads doesn't work.
It isn't loaded. I tried several times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back