Contribute
Register

Any fix to the Garbled/Distorted Headphone issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
From what I've read this is mostly an issue with Haswell CPU's

I have a Dell 7547 with ALC 255

Speakers work fine,

Headphone only sounds good if I mute one channel or slide the slider far left or far right...

If you leave the audio as is, everything sounds garbled and noisey....

Speakers work fine,

Headphone only sounds good if I mute one channel or slide the slider far left or far right...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Yes...

I have a patched HDA and followed your DSDT guide to the T.

When I searched for the issue I read that on one of your laptops You had the same issue with the headphone port...

Yes...

I have a patched HDA and followed your DSDT guide to the T.

When I searched for the issue I read that on one of your laptops You had the same issue with the headphone port...

Yes, it is a problem with the patched AppleHDA being used. I just haven't investigated it yet.

@rehabman, You mentioned you fixed this in the "hd4400 fix" other thread could you maybe upload your codec commander kext or walk those of us with this issue through the process?

Thanks!

Same problem on my Dell 7548. Yours is ALC3234(0x255), right?

Speakers work fine,

installing RehabMan's version of EAPD-Codec-Commander fixed this issue for me. I have a Dell 7537, and had the same headphone issues. Luckily for me, mine has ALC 283, so I did not have to edit the info.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back