Contribute
Register

Any Audiogeek also waiting for Haswell- E ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
I7-2600
Graphics
Nvidia GT 210
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi 2 all !

I was wondering if there is any audiogeek here in the community that works with audio for his profession and is gonna do a new HT build with Haswell-E ?

Like to be in touch with such persons to swap out feature build idea's for building an ultimate audio HT.

Thx in advance !

Robbie.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I'm in the process of building an Ivy Bridge-E rig… Haswell-E is still a waaaaays out and, though I'm looking forward to the X99 chipset, only time will tell if they are as good and reliable as the X79. :) As for DDR4… meh!

I'd say that if you're wanting to build a rig within the next 6-12 months, you can't even consider Haswell-E… :)

Hi Vanhaze, I also work in audio. I was considering waiting for Haswell E 8-core in order to have a system that can work natively at 88.2kHz with large plugin loads and multiple VI', but it seems like this won't be possible for a while. I've also decided to build an Ivy Bridge 3930k machine. Hopefully it will have enough power to run large sessions at 88.2kHz.

Have you started your build yet, or are you still waiting for Haswell E?

Hi there,

I still haven't made up my mind to be honest.
I am in no rush building a new HT.
Still quite happy with my current one.

Cheers,
Robbie.

Thanks for the reply Vanhaze.

Are you working at 44.1 and 48kHz, or 88.2 and 96k? If a 4770k will run large logic and PT sessions with 25 VIs at 88.2 I'll build one right now. I run some big sessions, albeit at 44.1kHz. Some of the new plugins (Kontakt 5 etc) are starting to bring my Core2Quad to it's knees…

What processor are you running?

Hi, i am running projects at 48 khz, 24 bit in Cubase 7.5 , Protools 11 and Live 9.
I have a Corei7 2600K in my HT, running standard clock speed 3.40 Ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back