GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i5 6600
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello all,

I have been a Mac OS user since 1987. I have never used anything else for my work except mac os. However, I never really got into the hardware thing. I am completely illiterate regarding this. So some might say that it was a mistake to get into the hackintosh thing altogether since it takes some knowledge of hardware parts and their functions.

I am writing this because although I have posted a couple of questions on some forums, I never got a response. Perhaps I am just paranoid but I think that it's because I am asking something too obvious for most. But what is too obvious to most, for me it's rocket science. I have included all necessary files as described in various threads that should clearly show all necessary info.

What am I doing wrong and how should I get the assistance I need? What do you think?

For starters, what are you trying to do, or what trouble(s) are you having? My only comment is why install an "Ultra Gaming" version motherboard and then use the Intel integrated graphics? If you want to "ultra-game," you should have a good graphics card.
[Edit: You could start by reading this.]
[Edit 2: Oops, I see you have already read that and posted the following issues:
  1. USB 3 is not working.
  2. I am getting kernel panic when I try to wake screen that has gone to sleep
  3. When I use the displayport instead of the HDMI, I get a "no signal" black screen halfway through the apple logo screen.
For "1." you probably need an SSDT in the "ACPI/patched" folder in CLOVER in your EFI partition. The SSDT is a tricky thing to create and there are a couple of ways to do it. You can either use RehabMan's "USBInjectALL.kext" and make an SSDT as described in his article here, or make an SSDT using MacMan's method which involves using your motherboard's DSDT, finding the existing SSDT within it and modifying it. I have used both methods, and they both work, but for a novice (I am one) they are not so easy.

For "2." If screen has gone to sleep (but not computer) how do you try to "wake" it? If computer is sleeping, same question. And can you describe the kernel panic?

For "3." I am not aware that there is a DisplayPort on a Z170 board... my H170N-WIFI has only a DVI-D graphics output port, although my Z370N-WIFI does have one. Can't help you there, sorry. I do have a DisplayPort interface on my Gigabyte nVidia GTX 1050 TI graphics card in my Z370N-WIFI board, but I don't have your problem.]

Last edited:
For starters, what are you trying to do, or what trouble(s) are you having? My only comment is why install an "Ultra Gaming" version motherboard and then use the Intel integrated graphics? If you want to "ultra-game," you should have a good graphics card.
<snipped>
Thanks for the reply.

Of course I wasn't waiting for technical assistance here, I was just wondering if I needed to pay attention to something I was missing when posting troubleshooting posts in other forums.
Some of the problems you mention have been dealt with, for example the USB3. The sleep/wake problem has been also solved but it is still kinda problematic.
I still have the problem with the Displayport and I have addressed it in another forum.

Regarding the "ultra-gaming" mobo, what can I say. It was given to me from a friend (previous owner) in a really big but quiet case with an SSD drive already mounted. Why did he choose this mobo is not known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back