Contribute
Register

Any advice to replace a dead GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 + RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I built an hackintosh desktop system 6 years ago, equipped with an I7 4770K - 16 GB RAM - on a GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard. Now, the motherboard is dead but the rest of the stuff is still alive. Any idea to find a new socket 1150 motherboard (hackintosh compatible) on the canadian or US market ?

I think that you will find it extremely difficult to find a new motherboard that is a 1150 socket board. Intel 8 series and 9 series boards are listed in the respective buyers guide:

Amazon US has a few Z97 boards listed, but the price is high ($200-$300+ for a new Z97 board - some are used at similar prices?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=z97&ref=nb_sb_noss_1&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Your best way of finding a board will more than likely be looking at used examples from online auction sites.

Check eBay for barebones z97, z87 computers as well. Around $50 for a HP barebones without ram, Cpu or drive.
You can even find the motherboards by themselves, no case, for much less than that. The one problem to deal with is the proprietary Dell and HP power supplies in all of their Haswell systems. They both use these 6 pin power connectors where other boards use 24 Pin.

Last edited:
You can even find the motherboards by themselves, no case, for much less than that. The one problem to deal with is the proprietary Dell and HP power supplies in all of their Haswell systems. They both use these 6 pin power connectors where other boards use 24 Pin.
View attachment 394558

Yes it’s probably easier to just get the barebones as it comes with the power supply.

Yes it’s probably easier to just get the barebones as it comes with the power supply.
That's a good point. There are also things like the power switch pinouts to consider so having the original one of those is helpful too.

Why do you have dead motherboard, because of using hackintosh or your fault?

Why do you have dead motherboard, because of using hackintosh or your fault?

Component failure on a motherboard, especially as they start getting older isn't all that uncommon. It has nothing to do whether you are running Windows, macOS or Linux or a combination of these - it is simply a hardware failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back