CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have a really strange issue. I have a netgear wifi router in the living room by my office while I waited for my card to arrive I was using a tplink repeater to connect to that network and use the ethernet to give my hackintosh internet.
I install the mini PCIE card and everything looks great, high sierra detects it, bluetooth pairing works, and wifi connects but I have horrible latency, speed test either time out or I get connections hovering around 200kpbs. At this point my repeater is still connecting and it's the repeater's signal that I'm connecting to. Thinking i may have connect the antenna to the pci-e card incorrectly I remove them and boom the internet connects and the speed test page loads and i get a decent speed 14 mpbs. When I connect the antennas even though the wifi menu bar shows I'm still connected I lose internet. Thinking it might be the repeater I use wifi explorer to check the signal strength of my base station without the repeater. With no antenna, it's at 15% and I can't connect. With antennas I get 70% signal strength, can connect but have horrible time outs. I'm at a loss. As it stands I can only connect via wifi if I remove the antennas and set the repeater right next to the tower. (the image is of this last setup)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at  [Mar 14, 18] 7.03.04 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at [Mar 14, 18] 7.03.04 PM.PNG
    163 KB · Views: 62
So I have a really strange issue. I have a netgear wifi router in the living room by my office while I waited for my card to arrive I was using a tplink repeater to connect to that network and use the ethernet to give my hackintosh internet.
I install the mini PCIE card and everything looks great, high sierra detects it, bluetooth pairing works, and wifi connects but I have horrible latency, speed test either time out or I get connections hovering around 200kpbs. At this point my repeater is still connecting and it's the repeater's signal that I'm connecting to. Thinking i may have connect the antenna to the pci-e card incorrectly I remove them and boom the internet connects and the speed test page loads and i get a decent speed 14 mpbs. When I connect the antennas even though the wifi menu bar shows I'm still connected I lose internet. Thinking it might be the repeater I use wifi explorer to check the signal strength of my base station without the repeater. With no antenna, it's at 15% and I can't connect. With antennas I get 70% signal strength, can connect but have horrible time outs. I'm at a loss. As it stands I can only connect via wifi if I remove the antennas and set the repeater right next to the tower. (the image is of this last setup)
Maybe something else is causing interference - Try changing the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back