Contribute
Register

Antelope Orion32+ Thunderbolt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Just to add to this that I'm in the same boat with my Z390. Have either of you had any luck with TB and the Orion? I mainly want to get TB working so I can use AFX2DAW and use the plugins on my mixes, plus a little extra IO would be beneficial.

I also contacted Antelope support and got this response:

"Yes, we do not support Hackintosh configurations indeed (USB is not officially supported either). However, I have forwarded your inquiry and the information you've provided to my colleagues so that they can take a look. I actually spoke to another Hackintosh user earlier today, so thank you for reaching out!

I don't want to get your hopes up in any way but this might just be taken into account during driver development further down the line."
I believe antelopes driver uses thunderbolt local node somehow (in case devices are networked) and as thunderbolt networking doesn't work on hackingtoshes yet this is probably why the drivers don't work. This would explain why the UAD apollos work as they don't have the network capability. But these are all just guesses, I'm way out of my depth. I would greatly appreciate insight from someone who knows what they're talking about!

If you have had any luck I'd be really interested.

Alright. Thanks for sharing. I just start looking into a new build with a Z390 .. was hoping to find some succes story with the Antelope stuff. So mixed emotions around this. Good that they have an eye on it and sad that nobody (really?) got it to work yet.

Weird thing is I had it working perfectly for almost a year. I don't know what that is saying about your network theory?

Best,
Pelle

Weird thing is I had it working perfectly for almost a year. I don't know what that is saying about your network theory?

Haha, probably that it's wrong! Thanks Pelle.

I wish you knew how you had it working. Did you update Mac OS X or something? Or perhaps there were older antelope drivers that worked in a different way that are no longer available?

The Z390 is working great by the way, it's only the orion that won't work - but I haven't heard of anyone get one working with any hackingtosh other that your report here.

The ones I have:

3.14(10Jan2017) - the one that worked
3.23(18Apr2018) - a later one

.. I guess firmware is handled directly in the loader .. but you can roll back right?
if (IF!?) they changed something around there your contact may know. Maybe they pulled an old firmware from the downloads or something.

To all who might be interested, a couple of mad scientists and pillars of the hackint0sh community have discovered a way to use Antelope Audio devices with our builds, High Sierra thru Big Sur. It only involves config and BIOS adjustments, and working out potential quirks. Here’s the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back