Contribute
Register

[Answered] Got Mem (2Rx4 Pc4) looking for MB suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I got 128GB of 4x 32GB 2400mhz PC4-19200 Cl17 ECC Registered Dual Rank 1.2v DDR4 SDRAM 288-pin DIMM Memory sitting here and looking to build my first Hackintosh and would love to use the memory I have. So, I hope someone can suggest a Board that would work with Mac and the DIMMs

its a server memory so you would need a server mainboard or a high end workstation board like HP z840
such a board would cost over 400 and you wpould need a Xeon CPU for that and using more than 1 of the modules would be waste of HW so your best option is to sell the memory and buy something more workstation-like

its a server memory so you would need a server mainboard or a high end workstation board like HP z840
such a board would cost over 400 and you wpould need a Xeon CPU for that and using more than 1 of the modules would be waste of HW so your best option is to sell the memory and buy something more workstation-like

Yeah was afraid of this but was hoping someone would come up with a different idea. Thank you @theruck for helping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back