Contribute
Register

(Answered) Any way to use the touch id sensor on the new aluminum keyboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ELITE
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was ready to let go of ¥600,000. So, I decided to purchase a Mac Studio. Then the site told me it would be September before I could even start hoping for it to ship. Since I am planning to move by that time, I had to cancel the order.

In anticipation of having a shiny Studio gracing my workstation, I purchased the new keyboard and trackpad combination from Apple Store Osaka.

Now, I cannot return them. SO - I wonder if there is a trick to get the touch id sensor, on the new aluminum keyboard, to do anything except log me out.

Not expecting much. But, stranger things have happened here. So, if you have any success with that, please let me know what the trick is.

Thanks

I was ready to let go of ¥600,000. So, I decided to purchase a Mac Studio. Then the site told me it would be September before I could even start hoping for it to ship. Since I am planning to move by that time, I had to cancel the order.

In anticipation of having a shiny Studio gracing my workstation, I purchased the new keyboard and trackpad combination from Apple Store Osaka.

Now, I cannot return them. SO - I wonder if there is a trick to get the touch id sensor, on the new aluminum keyboard, to do anything except log me out.

Not expecting much. But, stranger things have happened here. So, if you have any success with that, please let me know what the trick is.

Thanks
Ah! Finally found the answer... Touch ID on the new keyboard requires the M1 chip... OK. So, it's just not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back