ASUS GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

First I would like to thank many of you for helping me build a 99.9% working Hackintosh with running OS X 10.10 Yosemite in the last couple of days. I am not a hackintosh expert but wanted to share my build and verify that it WORKS for others who have similar parts. Trust me, if I could do it, you definitely can too.

I started by basically following this thread: Thanks, eriksengh!
But there were a couple of issues with this "algorithm" that took some trial and error with the main one that audio was not working (see below how I got it to work). So here's basically what I did to make things run smoothly:

My specs:
MB: Asus ROG Hero VII Z97
CPU: Intel i5 4690K
RAM: 2x 8GB G.SKILL Trident X Series DDR3 2133
SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 512 GB SSD
GPU: Asus nVIDIA GTX 660 2GB

Before we begin, obviously you KNOW that you're doing this at your own risk and that I am not responsible for your hardware issues you may encounter. Also, the ONLY thing that doesn't work for me is that the system keeps CMOS resetting if I remove the boot USB with unibeast on it. I tried several things to fix this with several clean installs but the system would hang at the boot load screen so I just dropped it for now and left the USB drive plugged in). Here are the steps I followed (with some heavy borrowing from eriksengh):

1. Disconnect any other HDD/SSD, then disable LAN in UEFI BIOS and switch to AHCI.
2. Install OS X 10.10 normally with Unibeast 5.0.2
3. Boot from USB stick using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1
(used only on first boot, afterwards didn't require this)
4. Run Multibeast 7.0.2 with the following choices:
- Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA
- Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC v6.8.1307
- Bootloaders -> Chimera v3.0.1
- Customize -> Boot Options -> Basic Boot Options
- Customize -> System Definition -> Mac Pro -> MacPro 3,1
- Customize -> Themes -> tonymacx86 Black
5. Reboot and now install the audio:
- Download Multibeast 6.3.1 (for Mavericks) and run it
- Install: Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> "ALC1150" and "Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support"
6. Reboot (hopefully it does) and now your audio should show up under "output" in the system preferences.
7. Last but not least, install the ethernet driver from Multibeast 7.0.2
- Network -> Intel -> AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a (NOT 3.1.0!!! It caused my system to hang)

Missing from eriksengh's guide is installing: Drivers -> System -> AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset which led my system to hang at the boot screen and didn't fix the CMOS reset issue so I just avoided it altogether for now.

With a little bit of luck and voodoo, everything should work now. I think the order of above is important since it worked in that order for me, but may also work in a different order when it comes to installing audio vs. ethernet first. Good luck! Here's proof that my setup works :headbang:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 2,195
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info about your build. I used this guide to get everything up and runnning. albeit the process was the most difficult I've ever done for any hackintosh build. I'm glad I didn't go the route of Haswell-E which I had contemplated.

I followed this guide mostly to a tee. I was a little disappointed that there was no mention of graphics card in the steps - kind of a major part.

I initially installed my system with only 1 RAM slot and no graphics card inserted. I plugged a DVI cable into the board's integrated graphics.

Once I had installed the basic multibeast drivers, I powered reset and then installed the latest nVidia drivers for my 980ti.

After the drivers were installed, I powered the system down, and put the card back in, plugged the DVI into the card.

Most people, at this point, report being able to power up and get running with the nVidia web drivers right away. Not me! Ohhhhhhh no. System would not boot up at this point. After a few days of trying everything under the sun, I finally landed on one solution.

In safe mode, I edited my chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

Initially my nvidia drivers problem reared it's ugly head on boot-up, freezing here:
*** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

The UseKernelCache flag fixed everything. LAN works, Graphics FULLY work, and audio works thanks to a high-end USB sound card (Andrea Pure USB) which sound beautiful in a Sony Studio Monitor headset.

Hope this helps somebody.......

Hi Guys,
Yesterday i also wanted to install Yosemite with the following hardware
I7 4790K
Maximus 7Hero
2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance Memory
Zotac Gtx 980 Amp Extreme Edition​
And everytime i tried to boot it got stuck at missing Bluetooth controller transport.
So now i want to ask ich anyone could give me some advice.

HELP! LAN crashed me!

I have a similar set up to yours. Everything was going great until the very last step. I installed the LAN drivers from MultiBeast just like you instructed and now it boots to the BIOS. Before that it was being a little buggy but it would boot up.

Hi ! I change my motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO , GTX 980 Video card.
I installed before lot of hackintosh my other system, but now i don't know what is my problem. I starting the install, and before OS X install screen always rebooting. I tried nv_enabler=1 , GraphicsEnabler=yes , -v -x but always restart. Anyone can help? Bios set? Thank you. Regards, Gabor

I have the same issue :(

Everytime I try to start the installer it reboot just after saying something about the bluetooth controller.

I am using the latest UniBeast with El Capitan straight from the app store...

I would really appreciate any hint of what may be wrong...

What may be the problem is my Gfx card. It's the GIGABYTE GTX 980 WINDFORCE 3X 450W OC Gaming 4GB.

I have the same issue :(

Everytime I try to start the installer it reboot just after saying something about the bluetooth controller.

I am using the latest UniBeast with El Capitan straight from the app store...

I would really appreciate any hint of what may be wrong...

What may be the problem is my Gfx card. It's the GIGABYTE GTX 980 WINDFORCE 3X 450W OC Gaming 4GB.
To use the GTX 980 card while installing El Capitan, you need to set the Clover boot arguments to nv_disable=1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back