CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Sapphire Rx580 Nitro+ 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys, I've nearly got my Hackintosh completely working, the only thing is sleep. When I click on sleep manually or when I let the Hack go to sleep automatically, the screen turns off but the machine is still on and I cannot go back to into my system. I've been pulling my hair out looking at all the other threads and nothing is working. Any guidance on what I should do with my specific setup?

Thanks

Hi Guys, I've nearly got my Hackintosh completely working, the only thing is sleep. When I click on sleep manually or when I let the Hack go to sleep automatically, the screen turns off but the machine is still on and I cannot go back to into my system. I've been pulling my hair out looking at all the other threads and nothing is working. Any guidance on what I should do with my specific setup?

Thanks

Does it eventually KP? Mine was doing the same thing and it turned out to be a USB issue. Initially I thought it was the GPU because I had just updated the card and macOS to Catalina. After looking at the KP reports it was a USB issue.

Hey, no it doesn't KP. I've fixed all the USB ports with Hackintool and removed all the unnecessary ports and created a new USBPorts.kext -

Hey, no it doesn't KP. I've fixed all the USB ports with Hackintool and removed all the unnecessary ports and created a new USBPorts.kext -

How long do you wait before hitting the reset button?

I've waited 5 minutes before.

Ok, just checking because I kept hitting reset before it was KP'ing. Are you able to SSH or connect to the computer from another Mac? Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging the display? Tried other ports on the card?

Tried all those things. No luck. And I can’t see the comp from my MacBook. Can't see my hackintosh from my iPhone when I want to airdrop something too.

Last edited:
Tried all those things. No luck. And I can’t see the comp from my MacBook. Can't see my hackintosh from my iPhone when I want to airdrop something too.

Unfortunately without a crash report of some sort it’s going to be trial and error.

ok. Is there any sequence of things I should be doing? I've made sure serial port is disabled in my BIOS.

I've attached a pic of my Hackintool power tab. Not sure if this helps.....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 18.36.24.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 18.36.24.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back