Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting my hackintosh up and running. Im trying to install El Captan via Unibeast and Clover on my machine. After the initial install, I'm not able to boot the system with the installed Clover.

Specs:
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3, current BIOS version (F8?)
Intel Core i7 3770
16GB DDR3 1333
2TB WD HDD
Zotac GTX970
AOC 4k display connected

Settings:
Installed Clover v2.3k r3320, Legacy
- FixHPET
- AddDTGP
- FixHDA
- FixIPIC
- dart=0
- nvda_drv=1
- kext-dev-mode=1
- AppleRTC
- KernelPM
- Asus AICPUPM
- System Definition: iMac 13,2

After installing OSX, I executed the Clover installer, the CustoMac Essentials installer, installed the Nvidia Web drivers and configured Clover as mentioned above.

The system is stuck at "PCI configuration begin". I tried various boot flags (npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000) and tried using the ACPI-Rollback to 10.9.5, which only results in getting a kernel panic (also when using cpus=1 and/or acpi=off).

Any advice is appreciated! Since this is my first Clover install, I don't have any knowledge on this boot loader and it's options. But I already had a few installs with Chimera, Chameleon, and so on.

Greetings,
Stefan

// Edit: I forgot to mention that the Unibeast stick can boot the system just fine.

Some Pics:

Attachments

• photo_2015-11-07_13-39-42.jpg
    photo_2015-11-07_13-39-42.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,043
  • photo_2015-11-07_13-39-46.jpg
    photo_2015-11-07_13-39-46.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,087
  • photo_2015-11-07_13-39-51.jpg
    photo_2015-11-07_13-39-51.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 990
  • photo_2015-11-07_13-39-54.jpg
    photo_2015-11-07_13-39-54.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 992
  • photo_2015-11-07_13-40-03.jpg
    photo_2015-11-07_13-40-03.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 1,085
I forgot to mention that the Unibeast stick can boot the system just fine.

If it boots ok from your USB then replace the EFI folder on your hard drive with the one from the USB.

Hi P1LGRIM,

thanks for your input. I tried copying over the EFI folder and double-checked to copy the right source to the right target.
Unfortunately, no luck. It still hangs on "PCI configuration begin".

Could it be, that the hard disk is attached to an "unsupported" controller? IIRC it's connected to the Marvel controller. I'm going to try the other SATA controller and report...

Thanks again,
Stefan

//Edit: Okay, maybe that wasn't my brightest idea. It didn't change anything.

Try disabling the USB 3 controller(s) in your Mobo's bios.

I thought I already tried that, but your advice made me double-check the BIOS settings. I can disable two USB3 controller, but only the first was disabled. After deactivating the second one OS X boots fine, so, thanks a lot!

Still leaves me with a question: Why am I able to boot from the usb drive with USB3 activated?

Again, thanks for all your help!

I have the same issue on my Z68 system. With USB3 enabled I get stuck at "PCI Configuration begin", but only when booting from HD. The USB stick boots just fine. I am using the same parameters for clover as listed in your post, except that "kext-dev-mode=1" is for Yosemite only, El Capitan is controlled by "CsrActiveConfig" under "Rt Variables".

I had the same issue initially with Yosemite but there the rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext to 10.9.5 allowed my to re-enable USB3 and with the patch described http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/, I even got the USB3 ports to work with native Apple drivers.

I am still trying to figure out, how the USB3 is preventing boot progression.

EDIT: After some more tests I can now proclaim victory. Adding "FixDarwin" did the trick. Now my USB3 is even working natively without any patches. I also have "FixUSB" and "FixFireWire" enabled, but that did not allow booting.
I should also mention that I am using BIOS F12 on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. I tried the UEFI version but could not get overclocking to work and reverted back. No real downside of using AWARD BIOS detected yet.

Last edited:
I have the same issue on my Z68 system. With USB3 enabled I get stuck at "PCI Configuration begin", but only when booting from HD. The USB stick boots just fine. I am using the same parameters for clover as listed in your post, except that "kext-dev-mode=1" is for Yosemite only, El Capitan is controlled by "CsrActiveConfig" under "Rt Variables".

I had the same issue initially with Yosemite but there the rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext to 10.9.5 allowed my to re-enable USB3 and with the patch described http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/, I even got the USB3 ports to work with native Apple drivers.

I am still trying to figure out, how the USB3 is preventing boot progression.

EDIT: After some more tests I can now proclaim victory. Adding "FixDarwin" did the trick. Now my USB3 is even working natively without any patches. I also have "FixUSB" and "FixFireWire" enabled, but that did not allow booting.
I should also mention that I am using BIOS F12 on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. I tried the UEFI version but could not get overclocking to work and reverted back. No real downside of using AWARD BIOS detected yet.

Hello, Inspector42!

I have the same problem, but I'm new in hackintosh world, could you pls provide detailed steps to fix this issue.

I will be very grateful to you

Hello, Inspector42!

I have the same problem, but I'm new in hackintosh world, could you pls provide detailed steps to fix this issue.

I will be very grateful to you
El Capitan was installed using Unibeast 6.1.1 and Mulitbeast 8.0.1. (only installed audio and network driver), which I moved onto the EFI-Partition rather than into /Library/Extensions.
I have attached the complete config.plist-file for Clover on my system for your reference. I added more stuff after the Multibeast-Installation, but only the "Fix Darwin" flag in the ACPI section eliminated the USB3 issue (see attached screen shot).
Please note that I am still using the AWARD-BIOS not the UEFI-BIOS.

EDIT: Should have mentioned that I use CloverConfigurator to modify the config.plist and mount the EFI partition.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 359
  • Clover ACPI config.jpg
    Clover ACPI config.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 2,380
Last edited:
El Capitan was installed using Unibeast 6.1.1 and Mulitbeast 8.0.1. (only installed audio and network driver), which I moved onto the EFI-Partition rather than into /Library/Extensions.
I have attached the complete config.plist-file for Clover on my system for your reference. I added more stuff after the Multibeast-Installation, but only the "Fix Darwin" flag in the ACPI section eliminated the USB3 issue (see attached screen shot).

EDIT: Should have mentioned that I use CloverConfigurator to modify the config.plist and mount the EFI partition.

You, sir, are a genius. Love that your Master Mhack has the same specs as mine -- right down to the video card and cpu!!!

I'm very appreciate you for your help. After implementing your solution, finally my OS boot normally with enabled USB3 controller, but usb3 ports still not work, usb2 work normally. Maybe I should do some additional steps to fix this problem with usb3 ports?
My computer components: CPU Intel Core i3-2120, MB GA-M61H-USB3-B3, Video MSI GeForce 210 1024 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back