Contribute
Register

Another osxAptioFix2Drv error on x99, stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Gaming 7 X99
CPU
I7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Graphics
Geforce GTX 1080TI
Hello all,

I've been running Yosemite 10.10 on this machine for sometime now. The machine has been perfectly stable but some programs I use no longer support 10.10 and therefore I'm being railroaded into upgrading. To add to this I purchased a 1080TI this week which doesn't seem to have drivers for Yosemite? (could be wrong).

I cannot get the machine to boot correctly from the freshly created USB due to the allocation error on memory. I have tried the two files from Nickwoodham's site - https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update unfortunately they do not help.

This problem exists on El Capitan and Sierra USB installs for me.

I'm guessing it's to do with the x99 platform because my laptop booted from the USB and is currently installing Sierra, therefore that rules out there being any problems with the USB drive and/or creation for the most part.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions as to how to overcome this? I see on the forums that there are several success stories with the x99 platform and using the I7 5820k, however I couldn't find one using the 5820k and my motherboard which is the MSI Gaming 7 X99. I'm kind of stumped here and not sure how to progress.

Thanks!

Hello all,

I've been running Yosemite 10.10 on this machine for sometime now. The machine has been perfectly stable but some programs I use no longer support 10.10 and therefore I'm being railroaded into upgrading. To add to this I purchased a 1080TI this week which doesn't seem to have drivers for Yosemite? (could be wrong).

I cannot get the machine to boot correctly from the freshly created USB due to the allocation error on memory. I have tried the two files from Nickwoodham's site - https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update unfortunately they do not help.

This problem exists on El Capitan and Sierra USB installs for me.

I'm guessing it's to do with the x99 platform because my laptop booted from the USB and is currently installing Sierra, therefore that rules out there being any problems with the USB drive and/or creation for the most part.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions as to how to overcome this? I see on the forums that there are several success stories with the x99 platform and using the I7 5820k, however I couldn't find one using the 5820k and my motherboard which is the MSI Gaming 7 X99. I'm kind of stumped here and not sure how to progress.

Thanks!
On my Asrock X99M Killer the only aptiofix that would work was the 2000free version by h4x:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-g_coTRnPnaU53Z1F6Qm5OeXM/view

Thanks for the reply! =)

That file allows me to get past that error (sometimes) it's either fully random or it depends on the boot flags I use. When it does allow me past that stage I'm getting stuck on the PCI Begin stage and neither npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 seem to work to overcome this.

In Yosemite I was always forced to use x2000.

On a plus note my MSI Laptop has been Hackintoshed today, with a few bits left to try and fix..

Any idea if this works with MSI X99?
None at all. Try it and if it works you are that much better off. If it does not work you are no worse off than before.

Thanks for the reply! =)

That file allows me to get past that error (sometimes) it's either fully random or it depends on the boot flags I use. When it does allow me past that stage I'm getting stuck on the PCI Begin stage and neither npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 seem to work to overcome this.

In Yosemite I was always forced to use x2000.

On a plus note my MSI Laptop has been Hackintoshed today, with a few bits left to try and fix..

Is CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back