Contribute
Register

Another OLD SCHOOL BUILD -Intel DG31PR - Q2C 6600 - HD 5600 OSX 10.9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, currently working on making the Clover USB and I was just wondering whether your follows the tutorial using the UEFI screenshots or the Legacy screenshots. Also, can you tell me where I can find the "kext from MB 5.5.5 (ALC 888 and optional 3 port enabler )"?

Thanks again and sorry for so many questions. This is my first time attempting anything like this.

You're absolutely right.

The specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Intel DG31PR Motherboard
2 x 2GB DDR2 Memory
MSI Nvidia 9400 GT 512MB
Onboard Sound
Onboard Ethernet

I believe that's everything. FYI, 1080P videos on Youtube run fine so I'm sure the graphics card works. Just not sure why I have to keep typing "GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

Thanks for the prompt reply.

EDIT: Btw, I am going to try using your Clover guide and see what happens. Hoping everything works great as I have 20+ of the same computers I'd like to hackintosh :D.

Hai Friend

tthe add GE=Yes in Org.Chamilion.plist not in SMBios.plist Some old Nvidia GPU need graphic enabler to enable full Functionality your graphic card is in that list so you have to use GE=Yes . You can do Toleda's guid http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/108302-haswell-hdmi-audio.html to enable audio i do it from Multi beast

Without any problem to day i update it to 10.9.5........
Working smooth ........

Audio. sleep. full graphics acceleration, HDMI audio, Appstore, iCloud,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 9.43.41 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 9.43.41 am.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 223
Hi there Rohith !

Any chance you could ZIP your EFI folder and send it over ??
(Other than using a GT610 .. we're on the same rig here .. and I'm just about to install a fresh one :) )
Thank you in advance bro .. for your time and effort.

Background : I've switched from Chimera to Clover on my main system
and since I'm no longer "afraid" of clover .. lol .. AND it fixes the minor issues with
the DG31PR .. I figured .. why not do the same here.

Hopefully .. you'll read this in time for my boot loader installation once I'm done installing OSX.

Thanx again !!

EDIT : Well .. I've finished installing and everything works as promised EXCEPT .. HDMI Audio
(GT610) Everything is recognised.
Followed everything to the letter.
Toleda's CloverALC-Master set me up with OnBoard but not with HDMI.

ALSO .. it takes about 10-15 seconds for the Clover GUI to come up after the BIOS screen.
Even if I "Fast Boot" it .. after the initial boot splash screen .. it'll pause with a non flashing curser
for about 10-15 sec .. and only then start the Fast Boot sequence (Or show the GUI pending on my request). Any help there would be most appreciated!

Thanx !

So after lots of trial and error .. I re-installed everything .. (10.9.5 + Win7)
booting from Clover installed on the EFI partition (I Like it neat .. lol)

I've even learned to patch a kext to my hardware's IDs ..
allowing me to run full QE/CI on my AMD Radeon HD 5450.
Also working with the MB 5.5.5 AppleHDA for ALC888 current/without dsdt
HDMI Audio Enabled, Onboard Audio Enabled, Sleep is mostly working .. I have a WOL issue
but I think it's software based .. cause it'll work for some services but won't for others, I'll get it working soon.
Other than that .. FULLY functional system .. EXCEPT ONE THING :( ..

That 15-16 second gap between the Intel Boot Logo to the OS selection menu in clover.
It's really weird and unprecedented in my experience.

So thanx bro for sharing lots of great info allowing me to easily get to a stable system ..
It's a build that was made out of PURE JUNK that was sitting on the shelf .. :)
"An old MB .. a CPU .. what's that an unsupported GPU ?? hmmm ..... " lol :)

So Thanx YOU OP!!

So after lots of trial and error .. I re-installed everything .. (10.9.5 + Win7)
booting from Clover installed on the EFI partition (I Like it neat .. lol)

I've even learned to patch a kext to my hardware's IDs ..
allowing me to run full QE/CI on my AMD Radeon HD 5450.
Also working with the MB 5.5.5 AppleHDA for ALC888 current/without dsdt
HDMI Audio Enabled, Onboard Audio Enabled, Sleep is mostly working .. I have a WOL issue
but I think it's software based .. cause it'll work for some services but won't for others, I'll get it working soon.
Other than that .. FULLY functional system .. EXCEPT ONE THING :( ..

That 15-16 second gap between the Intel Boot Logo to the OS selection menu in clover.
It's really weird and unprecedented in my experience.

So thanx bro for sharing lots of great info allowing me to easily get to a stable system ..
It's a build that was made out of PURE JUNK that was sitting on the shelf .. :)
"An old MB .. a CPU .. what's that an unsupported GPU ?? hmmm ..... " lol :)

So Thanx me OP!!

The delay is happening in my system also. I am trying to solve it,

Well .. at least I'm not alone on this boat :) ..

I'll keep reading .. and will post as soon as I have some progress .. Thanx !!!

SideNote : I've been trying to install WIN7 along side with OSX on the same SSD drive
on this build.
HOWEVER .. once I repartition it to GPT .. Windows won't install !!

No matter in which order I'll do it (OSX first or WIN first ... )
It simply won't install on GPT ..
Would love your help on the subject ..

I'd say 60GB per partition would be enough shouldn't it ??

...SideNote : I've been trying to install WIN7 along side with OSX on the same SSD drive
on this build.
HOWEVER .. once I repartition it to GPT .. Windows won't install !!

No matter in which order I'll do it (OSX first or WIN first ... )
It simply won't install on GPT ..
Would love your help on the subject ..

I'd say 60GB per partition would be enough shouldn't it ??
See the sticky guide in the Forum's Multi-Boot forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/

Thank you Stork .. however I'm afraid that I've followed these steps with Mavericks & Win7 ..
Couldn't install windows after formatting the drive to GPT .. it simply won't let me ..
:banghead:

EDIT : My aim is to install both OSs on a 120GB SSD ..
it's a "worker bee" build .. Been helping my friends recover lost data/installing OSs etc ..
It'll be cool to have it run both OSs .. creating Bootable Flash Drives .. backing up etc ..

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back