HD 4600 & R9 270X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
This is another OLD SCHOOL BUILD, i know this type of board and Processor (LGA 775) and Memory (DDR2 ) is outdated. Experiments with old builds are give pleasure. This post is based on TONY's UNIBEAST and MULTIBEAST method and OSX 10.9.3
Install OSX with http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html this guid

To get installer Set your Bios. Enter bios and load optimised default, There is no AHCI option in this board set it native and disable unwanted option like Floppy ... then Press F10 to save and reboot ur system and while loading post press F10 again to select boot option and select usb installer in chimera screen Use boot flag -v USBBusFix=Yes and if need use "-x" and set up OSX and reboot

while rebooting press F10 and select USB installer and this time select OSX installed partition and setup OSX and select MULTIBEAST to make ur install complete and boot from HDD without the help of Unibeast USB

the Multi Beast setting files and other files are included with this post
The two DSDT is included one is edited for setting 5.1 audio setup ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/112469-mavericks-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html )
the system working smoothly sleep is not.

Edit 21-7-2014

Today successfully Updated to 10.9.4

Attachments

• DG 31 PR . Normal.zip
    30.4 MB · Views: 836
  • DG 31 PR with 5.1 Edit.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 605
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 6.48.24 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 6.48.24 pm.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 1,092
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 1.05.20 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 1.05.20 am.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 1,151
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 1.08.16 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 1.08.16 am.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 10.02.43 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 10.02.43 am.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 941
Yes I agree. The oldest system that I owned had OS X Mountain Lion installed was a Intel Core Duo (socket 775). It was a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L. DSDT was required, it ran smoothly yet for my needs it was too slow to keep so I sold it last year. I had a Sparkle Nvidia 9400gs which gave me HDMI audio using voodoo. IIRC it had ALC883 not supported and also maxed out with 2 sticks of DDR2 Ram (4GB) refreshing the memory cost me more than mass produced DDR3 of today. It served a purpose and gave me great pleasure learning to install OS X Snow Leopard. It was possible to add the device ID's into the .plist that made them kind of native. I learn't a great deal from that system. Thanks for posting your fun build. Enjoy.

HDMI is not tested sorry the 3 port audio works and can configure 5.1 audio

Hi bro .. just finished a system with the same mobo ..
only I use GT 610 for display.

Did you get both HDMI and 3 port audio running ??
I can't seem to get it.

Thanx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 7.18.13 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 7.18.13 pm.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 455
Thanx for the reply buddy ..

I've installed the VoodooHDA .. that's the only way I could get the HDMI Audio to work ..

Your files got me thru tho .. thanx a lot bro !

I've posted another thread about my problem .. perhaps it could do you some good too ..

G'luck and thanx again !

This is another OLD SCHOOL BUILD, i know this type of board and Processor (LGA 775) and Memory (DDR2 ) is outdated. Experiments with old builds are give pleasure. This post is based on TONY's UNIBEAST and MULTIBEAST method and OSX 10.9.3
Install OSX with http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html this guid

To get installer Set your Bios. Enter bios and load optimised default, There is no AHCI option in this board set it native and disable unwanted option like Floppy ... then Press F10 to save and reboot ur system and while loading post press F10 again to select boot option and select usb installer in chimera screen Use boot flag -v USBBusFix=Yes and if need use "-x" and set up OSX and reboot

while rebooting press F10 and select USB installer and this time select OSX installed partition and setup OSX and select MULTIBEAST to make ur install complete and boot from HDD without the help of Unibeast USB

the Multi Beast setting files and other files are included with this post
The two DSDT is included one is edited for setting 5.1 audio setup ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/112469-mavericks-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html )
the system working smoothly sleep is not.

Edit 21-7-2014

Today successfully Updated to 10.9.4

The persons who tested this build and files i humbly request them to share their results and if one who edit the given DSDT to get HDMI out and other . Please share it will help others and more old builds fun... fun...fun

Clover is the best companion for this Mother Board last weak i test TONY's guide for clover install and that is perfectly working. No need of a DSDT just create the USB as tony's guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html
then install (use a backup of working system or Install in another HDD) use BIOS option for this mobo. i use kext from MB 5.5.5 (ALC 888 and optional 3 port enabler ) without DSDT to get audio to work. No extra boot flags are needed

almost every this working perfectly here AUDIO (5.1, HDMI) sleep auto sleep wake and wake from deep sleep (I test it keeping my system sleep in One night full and it successfully wake from sleep USB, DVD player full resolution, Application Store iCloud

Here i attached config plist, which i created for this system . follow tony's guide and replace config plist with the provided one

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 11.47.08 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 11.47.08 pm.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 450
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 3.17.25 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 3.17.25 pm.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 501
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 11.58.21 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 11.58.21 pm.png
    133 KB · Views: 451
  • config.plist.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 312
OMG thanks so much for this guide! I'm almost finished with my install (I have the same motherboard) but have an issue with audio and booting. Maybe I didn't install everything correctly? I put Mavericks onto a USB, installed Mavericks onto my hard drive, went through OSX setup, and then installed the DG31PR.mb and DG31PR 007.dsdt files using Multibeast. Is there a kext in the zip file that I should use to get audio working? Also, my computer doesn't want to boot into Mavericks unless I use "GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -v". Is there a setting or install that I overlooked?

I really appreciate the help and thanks again for the awesome guide.

OMG thanks so much for this guide! I'm almost finished with my install (I have the same motherboard) but have an issue with audio and booting. Maybe I didn't install everything correctly? I put Mavericks onto a USB, installed Mavericks onto my hard drive, went through OSX setup, and then installed the DG31PR.mb and DG31PR 007.dsdt files using Multibeast. Is there a kext in the zip file that I should use to get audio working? Also, my computer doesn't want to boot into Mavericks unless I use "GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -v". Is there a setting or install that I overlooked?

I really appreciate the help and thanks again for the awesome guide.

Always specify your system spec. which is your graphic card, if you use GPU, which need GE yes use it add it in smbios.plist. The files i uploaded is close to my speck GD31PR + AMD HD 5670. Deferent build may need little tweaks.

Always specify your system spec. which is your graphic card, if you use GPU, which need GE yes use it add it in smbios.plist. The files i uploaded is close to my speck GD31PR + AMD HD 5670. Deferent build may need little tweaks.

You're absolutely right.

The specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Intel DG31PR Motherboard
2 x 2GB DDR2 Memory
MSI Nvidia 9400 GT 512MB
Onboard Sound
Onboard Ethernet

I believe that's everything. FYI, 1080P videos on Youtube run fine so I'm sure the graphics card works. Just not sure why I have to keep typing "GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

Thanks for the prompt reply.

EDIT: Btw, I am going to try using your Clover guide and see what happens. Hoping everything works great as I have 20+ of the same computers I'd like to hackintosh :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back