Contribute
Register

(Another) Mac Pro Late 2013 Replica

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed you placed the HDD on-top of the exterior of anti-static bag. While the bag is meant to protect electronics from static electricity while inside the bag, it's generally unwise to place things on-top of the exterior of the bag.

There's debates on this, though.

Finally replaced our Intel 7260AC builtin wifi card with an OS X compatible AzureWave CE123H (although we had to deal with a stripped screw).
IMG_20141204_101111271.jpg

Booting OS X up to install the drivers (although I didn't have enough time to). We couldn't find our Acer 23" monitor, so we ended up having to use this crap old 1024x768 Dell:
IMG_20141204_110926743.jpg

That's all. This coming Thursday, we're finally going to get ready for the actual "trashing" of this computer.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Kudos to you and your mates on the Mac Pro "HackinTrash" project. It is such a pleasure to see young folks taking on projects like this. Personally, I'm just jealous. Like a previous comment, there was nothing like this when I was in middle school.

Keep up the the good work!

Kudos to you and your mates on the Mac Pro "HackinTrash" project. It is such a pleasure to see young folks taking on projects like this. Personally, I'm just jealous. Like a previous comment, there was nothing like this when I was in middle school.

Keep up the the good work!

I'm just enjoying reading this.
The closest I can come the this was the fun my son and I would have at the Commodore 64 club in Huntsville Al. back 20 years ago when I was first getting in to computers.
It's just great to read what all your getting into so early in life.
Man I just wonder what cool stuff high school has in store.

Really interested in this project.:thumbup:

Unfortunately, no builds today. I spent today ordering the bottom of the case (an STL file is available here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...mac-pro-my-variation-2013hackprov2bin.stl.zip)

Thanks @JuanLobo for the STL! And I'm getting this delivered by a guy on 3DHubs who volunteered to print it for me for $28.

Thanks Christopher Lau for printing the bottom for me!
http://www.3dhubs.com/boston/hubs/christopher

Did you get the print? I am curious how it turned out.

Like your work!!!

Just having one little question though. About the graphic card though, why do you choose GT instead of GTX? My friend wanna build a PC , not a Hackintosh,he does not play games,however he insist me to introduce an entry level graphic card for him. Me myself using a GTX 660, I am always wondering what's the point of having an entry level graphic card??? Intense gaming needs more powerful than that, and if you don't play games,can you simply use the integrated GPU inside your CPU? And if I DO wanna get an entry level card, which one should I pick???

Thanks!

Like your work!!!

Just having one little question though. About the graphic card though, why do you choose GT instead of GTX? My friend wanna build a PC , not a Hackintosh,he does not play games,however he insist me to introduce an entry level graphic card for him. Me myself using a GTX 660, I am always wondering what's the point of having an entry level graphic card??? Intense gaming needs more powerful than that, and if you don't play games,can you simply use the integrated GPU inside your CPU? And if I DO wanna get an entry level card, which one should I pick???

Thanks!

Many of the lower end cards do have more graphical horsepower than even the best intel integrated graphics. These cards don't offer as much per dollar as the GTX cards though and the best bang for the buck cards are the GTX 750ti and the GTX 960, and GTX 970 right now but it all depends on your budget.

Many of the lower end cards do have more graphical horsepower than even the best intel integrated graphics. These cards don't offer as much per dollar as the GTX cards though and the best bang for the buck cards are the GTX 750ti and the GTX 960, and GTX 970 right now but it all depends on your budget.

Thanks for the advise!
I think I'm gonna pick him a gtx750ti when the time comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back