Contribute
Register

Another G5 Case Mod, with some useful resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much appreciated. I will give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks
chaos

Hi Sheriff,

Great work man :headbang: ... specially the backside and the stand-alone fan-controlling
(I was also thinking to control each fan apart and now I've seen how it's worked out,
it looks easier then I was thinking how to do it, and now I'm gonna give it a try too (if found the right controllers for it))
It's gonna be a great solution for my power-supply and HDD bay, cause that once are not controlled
The 4 fan's that cool the MB and processor are controlled by the CPU-cooling from MB so I'm gonna leave that the way it is ...

GreetingZzz and Happy Hacking there on the other side of the world...

Hi, what controllers are needed.

My fan controllers are lifting with UPC at the moment,
and hope they come in tomorrow and they do like they suppose to do ... :p
ETEC_01_01_A0_L.jpg

Sheriff, I simply cannot thank you enough for taking the time to make the backplate with correct hole spacing. Would it be ok if I modify this to use with an ATX G5 mod I plan on making? I'd obviously list you as the creator of the template even if I modify it and I will make the modified template free to download.

One other question - looking at the file in Illustrator (it can open DXF files) I see where the cut out for IO port and expansion slot are but where is the cut out guides for the dual 92mm fans? Looking at the file it just has holes around where the fans go. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

That backside is amazing!:D

If I ever get a hold on someone willing to lend me their CNC or Water Jet Router, this is the first thing on my list to make:D

great build
did the thermal fan control work well? could you post more info on it? like were you got it or schematic etc.....
also would like info on the one posted on post #44 - and how it worked

thanks
Hi there whiskeynipple ... here's more info http://www.reichelt.nl/Fan-Controll...ICLE=43328;GROUPID=804;artnr=E-TEC+01+01+A0+L

It's a very light and cheap version, there are more type on that site for heaver duty.
Easy install and good working (but not controllable)

I will attach the DXF file of the tray to this post so others can use it. The tray will fix to the chassis using the standard Apple mounting points. Because I am too lazy to go and get more screws, I separated the standard screws from the spacers using a small hammer:
View attachment 31316View attachment 31317View attachment 31318
The separated screws are used to to attach the tray to the chassis like so:
View attachment 31319

That's where I'm up to for now.

great work..at the moment I´m planning to use the file to make a tray board, I open it in Illustrator and modify it ..

so, according to your file, the holes for the original standoffs are 4,446 mm and the mounting holes for the mATX are 4,246 mm in diameter, right?
how did you mount your mATX? normally, on a metal board you just would screw standoffs it into 3mm holes. Did you use the original Mac´s longer standoffs just for alignment and didnt screw it?
thanks
greets

This is about 12 months late, so sorry to everyone with questions, here goes:

JBG: Thanks for the shout.
dirtwegy: The fan controllers are here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Temperat...47817121?pt=AU_Components&hash=item2585288ca1

dsiglin: The fans use the perforations to mount in, I made sure the holes lined up exactly. And yes, you are free to use the dxfs, thanks for noting their origin, please keep doing it.

whiskeynipple0088: see above to dirtwegy. They have been working well.

jamba: I used 4.5mm acrylic sheet, which is thicker than the length of the apple stand-off so that I could screw it down.

Again, sorry people for being so slack, this year has been hectic. I mainly answered those questions for anyone who hits this thread on google. By the way, my original motherboard tray was off by about 1.5mm on the rear edge, which made it difficult to fit in the case, there is a better dxf attached: View attachment mobo_tray.dxf.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back