Contribute
Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the reactions from the press on the first Apple Silicon Macs I think many people will just not buy an Intel-based Mac right now before Apple reveals more interessting models which may deliver even better performance. At the end it will be economically irresponsible to continue to deal with Intel machines, just because they won't sell anymore. My impression is, the just re-invented the Mac, Intel does not matter in the Apple universe anymore.

Maybe the "build signature" part of users profiles need a little TLC ;)
Update with AMD-related hardware options
I searched these 26 pages first to make sure someone had mentioned this (I just barely went to update my signatures, but found I could not). Thanks!

I searched these 26 pages first to make sure someone had mentioned this (I just barely went to update my signatures, but found I could not). Thanks!
I think the "build signature" section needs a re-write, as there are many GPUs, CPUs, and chipsets that aren't allowed to be added.

I think the "build signature" section needs a re-write, as there are many GPUs, CPUs, and chipsets that aren't allowed to be added.

It seems I may have achieved another successful install today - it looks like the Ridge Raven 2 chipset also works with High Sierra! This was my VCS earlier today, which has an AMD APU. I was half expecting it to NOT work since the official driver support were only found in Mojave 10.14.6...

Screen Shot 2021-02-05B.png

Are we ONLY allowed to talk about AMD when in conjunction with OpenCore or are we allowed to talk about AMD custom kernels etc??

osBig Sur is perhaps the last intel based OS
What about MacPro 2019 owners ? will they be stuck to Big Sur next year? and the year after ?
Thanks

It seems I may have achieved another successful install today - it looks like the Ridge Raven 2 chipset also works with High Sierra! This was my VCS earlier today, which has an AMD APU. I was half expecting it to NOT work since the official driver support were only found in Mojave 10.14.6...

View attachment 508117
Yes, we’ve had it working in Mavericks, El Capitan, Sierra as well. I’m actually on Mojave with OC 0.6.6 right now messing with Raven internal graphics again.

Raven Ridge KBL CRB Mojave.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back