Contribute
Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't reference to Big Navi been spotted in Big Sur code already?

I don't know. I haven't read anything about it.

There were references to the first gen Navi cards early too, but it took a while before they ran reliably.

I don't know. I haven't read anything about it.

There were references to the first gen Navi cards early too, but it took a while before they ran reliably.

I have found this Article

This is why so many gamers have switched to Ryzen and why AMD is outselling Intel in this category. The 9900K is nearly double the price of the Ryzen 5 3600X. That $190 savings can go toward a better graphics card or more ram. Two things that really make a difference for power users. Spending more for the 9900K won't give you more FPS but the better graphics card certainly will.

190$ do not matter much.
You don't get a better Graphics Card for 190$.
The CPU is important also. When you have a fast Graphics Card, you need a fast CPU, too.

AMD patches use existing Intel Kexts. The problem with Nvidia is the architecture is not similar anymore to the existing Nvidia Kexts in MacOS. Its up to Nvidia to create new web drivers but they don’t seem interested as Mac users are a small portion of their users.
It is not NVIDIA, it is Apple which is not interested in NVIDIA drivers.

If Nvidia wanted to release web drivers, there's nothing Apple can do to stop them.

That’s according to Nvidia, Apple says otherwise. If you think about it Hackintosh uses kexts and modifications that are not approved by Apple. Nvidia could do the same or show they have drivers that they submitted. Instead Nvidia makes statements and shows no evidence of software submission.

Apple fell out with Nvidia over Metal. Apple insisted Nvidia use Metal, Nvidia said no we think OpenCL is better and refused, believing Apple would step down, which of course they didn't.

AMD jumped on the chance to get in to bed with Apple and agreed to use Metal with their GPUs.

Nvidia won't use Metal now as they would then be seen as being Apple's lapdog.

It would need new leaders in both Apple and Nvidia to solve this, but as Apple now believes it can do its own thing moving over to ARM, Nvidia is out of the frame, as AMD will be in the not too distant future.

Apple fell out with Nvidia over Metal. Apple insisted Nvidia use Metal, Nvidia said no we think OpenCL is better and refused, believing Apple would step down, which of course they didn't.

AMD jumped on the chance to get in to bed with Apple and agreed to use Metal with their GPUs.

Nvidia won't use Metal now as they would then be seen as being Apple's lapdog.

It would need new leaders in both Apple and Nvidia to solve this, but as Apple now believes it can do its own thing moving over to ARM, Nvidia is out of the frame, as AMD will be in the not too distant future.

Only Nvidia can stop Nvidia from releasing drivers.

Metal is an integral part of macOS. If Nvidia drivers don't support Metal, it would be useless. Even Finder uses Metal.

Apple can't stop Nvidia from releasing Cuda drivers if Nvidia wants to.

Look at what happened when Apple removed Fortnite from the App Store? Lawsuit within minutes.

Last edited:
Are there any updates regarding being able to use Zen3 CPU's on Ryzentosh?

Are there any updates regarding being able to use Zen3 CPU's on Ryzentosh?
There was an engineering sample that posted a geekbench score. So they t seems to work unless it was a fake. It was an open core as it had the Acidanthera bios label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back