Contribute
Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news everyone! We're changing our policy regarding the long standing Intel-only CPU rule. With the development of the OpenCore bootloader and it's support for AMD Ryzen systems, it's now much easier to run macOS on them. So starting today, this site is open to builds, guides, posts and help threads for AMD Ryzen based systems.

Since OpenCore is still under development and is considered a beta release, it's not recommend for first time users. Until UniBeast and MultiBeast which are based on Clover, are updated for OpenCore, they aren't compatible.

In the meantime, stay tuned for guides and updates. And let us know if you have questions or posts to share regarding our new policy. Have fun!

-tonymacx86 Administrators & Moderators
Wonderful news!

Apple will soon get rid of AMD GPU’s.
Then they will make their own GPU.
Just the same way, Apple got rid of Nvidia and Intel

AMD is the next one on tim hit list.
Yes, Apple will use AMD for now until AMD is no longer need it.

Once Apple make the transition to their so called Apple Silicon.

Most likely they will begin GPU development

So just like Intel, AMD days are numbered.

Don't be too worry about this, USA's antitrust law will force Apple to break up the CPU manufacturing department into independent company. It will then come back to square one....

This is cool. Any chance a supported (AMD) buyer’s guide is in the works?

This is cool. Any chance a supported (AMD) buyer’s guide is in the works?

You mean to be ready when there is a guide?
Well I suggest you read above #203 and the lucky guy who managed to build one:

You also predicted Jobs returning to Apple, FreeBSD co-founder Jordan Hubbard hired to the Core OS development with both macOS and iOS making Apple the largest installed vendor running BSD?
I never predicted Steve returning to Apple because I'm sure you already know what happened to Steve.
Very bad joke.
But I did predicted Apple getting rid of Intel...
When everybody started switching their graphics cards to AMD...
When Mojave was launched...
But, honestly, there is no point on writing about this anymore.

Apple will soon get rid of AMD GPU’s.
Then they will make their own GPU.
Just the same way, Apple got rid of Nvidia and Intel

AMD is the next one on tim hit list.
Yes, Apple will use AMD for now until AMD is no longer need it.

Once Apple make the transition to their so called Apple Silicon.

Most likely they will begin GPU development

So just like Intel, AMD days are numbered.

for consumer products maybe, but not for iMac Pro/Pro. Apple finally has remembered what the "Pro" stand for in Mac Pro and iMac Pro.

I certainly hope so, considering the upcoming NAVI 2 gpu cards coming soon from AMD, I really hope that we will get drivers for those and that it won’t be a repeat of the Nvidia clusterf—-

I'm hopeful that pretty soon TonyMacx86 will become TonyMacARM and we should hack our way into ARM chips other than Apple Silicon. =D

Does anyone know the cheapest processor to run with ryzentosh? I want to try out a low cost processor before upgrading the cores. For the AM4 socket is it the Ryzen 3 1200? As I think someone has mentioned, hopefully there is a buyer's guide in the works. I've decided to try out the B550 vision D.

edit: maybe the ryzen 3 3200G is good around $100?

edit 2: ok so 3200 G has vega8 graphics... sounds like I should avoid that one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back