Contribute
Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
One member posted a Rysen build using the latest version of Clover.
That is awesome. Looks like we'll start seeing many more AMD guides very soon.

I'm happy for all the AMD users. This is a good call.

What's the current state of Adobe CC with Ryzen- does anyone here know? There's been talk of getting things working with patches. That's probably the main reason I stick with Intel in my hackintosh builds, once I heard about that.

A quick patch which takes about 2 seconds to install and the latest Photoshop, Lightroom etc work great. I haven't tested all their apps though, just the ones I use.

Will there be an AMD section created on the forum? I’d like to make a topic for notes and tips that could maybe be stickied.

Hi there.

No, not at present. The CPUs/motherboards will just be treated as another hardware option. You can start a new problem or guide thread yourself of course, but in existing forums.

We do have a couple of expert AMD moderators so I predict you'll see them and get to know them.

All the above could change depending on the level of interest.

:)

Nice to see you've adopted the change but not to be discrespectful, there's no need to your "tools" on AMD. An AMD hack is a learning curve. No one learns anything from clicking stuff in an application and having no idea what it's doing.

I'm sorry but this is a load of BS. I keep hearing this sort of self-righteous nonsense from 'veteran' users in various forums and it always rings of elitism.

The truth is that humanity has been relying on tools to simplify otherwise complex processes through its entire history.

I just went through converting my machine from Clover to Open Core about a month ago, and even with Dortania's guide it was a massive time consuming PITA which involved a lot of guesswork and restarts. Did I learn anything from it? Not really, and what I did I forgot the following week.

So if Tonymac wants to offer some tools to simplify the process, I say bring it on! If it wasn't for Tonymac's tools I would have never gotten into hackintoshing in the first place!

Cheaper faster and more powerful is all I know but is this true?

Depends and depends is the answer. Depends on what your needs are, and depends on what your budget it. The main issue for me is that not all apps work, particularly those very apps that would justify running a high-core CPU.

If a Ryzentosh means not being able to access some of the apps I rely on, then that makes it a non-starter for me.

If budget is a concern, Intel offers some good bargains such as the 6-core Intel Core i5-10400 which retails around $180.

As I said in a previous post, I'm glad Tonymac is supporting users interested in building on AMD CPU's, but I really don't get the hype.

I just went through converting my machine from Clover to Open Core about a month ago, and even with Dortania's guide it was a massive time consuming PITA which involved a lot of guesswork and restarts. Did I learn anything from it? Not really, and what I did I forgot the following week.

Took me about 35 mins to switch over to Open Core using one of the vanilla guides, since then the OC configurator has been overhauled and updated every time OC is updated it pretty much is no different than a vanilla cover set up these days. There is also a Tool created by Pavo that creates your OC EFI for you then use the OC configurator for your config it is really not as complicated as people want to make it out to be.

Took me about 35 mins to switch over to Open Core using one of the vanilla guides, since then the OC configurator has been overhauled and updated every time OC is updated it pretty much is no different than a vanilla cover set up these days. There is also a Tool created by Pavo that creates your OC EFI for you then use the OC configurator for your config it is really not as complicated as people want to make it out to be.

Good to read :thumbup:. I thought I was the only one who used OpenCore Configurator! The author has kept on updating it and fixed bugs. It's a great visual tool. And free.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back