Contribute
Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, I have more x86 options to explore. Long journey to Clover and MultiBeast.

So this will save hackintosh for years, until Apple will be releasing their system with both architectures - arm and x64.
We have a lot of time basically.
But then, when first newer macOS release version will come with only arm support - this will be the end of this nice journey... However, even after that we will have some time(1year?).

This is what I understand for now. And what are your assumptions and how will all this pass in time?

Hoorah!, I’m very excited about this, good news!.

The best bang for your buck comes from choosing a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, paired with a B450/550 motherboard. This is where you'll get much better performance per dollar. Compared to what Intel offers with Core i5/i7 systems, Ryzen is way ahead. In testing of a Ryzen 5 3600 system, it was nearly as compatible as Intel systems. When I looked at the Ryzen 5 3600 a few months ago, they sold for just $160 USD. A really good deal that you can't get today because AMD sells so many of them they often go out of stock.

Screen_Shot_8.jpg

When looking at overall multi-core performance, the Ryzen 5 3600X is right there with an i9-9900K. The single core performance is better with the 9900K. Either one can be overclocked for even more performance though.

Screen Shot 10.jpg

This is why so many gamers have switched to Ryzen and why AMD is outselling Intel in this category. The 9900K is nearly double the price of the Ryzen 5 3600X. That $190 savings can go toward a better graphics card or more ram. Two things that really make a difference for power users. Spending more for the 9900K won't give you more FPS but the better graphics card certainly will.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Look at the Amazon.com CPU best sellers list. https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers...zgbs/pc/229189/ref=zg_bs_nav_pc_3_17923671011 9 of the top 10 and 12 of the top 15 best sellers are AMD Ryzen.

Last edited:
Many are jumping to the cheap AMD bandwagon, AKA best bang for the buck.

But the truth that they are trying to hide is that they are broke and can only afford cheap builds.

But there are others with dignity that don’t care about AMD garbage.

Nvidia 3000 will run circles around big navy.

AMD might have the upper on Intel, for now, not by much.

It is not really that AMD CPUs are much better than Intel. It is really that they are cheaper.

so most AMD fans go for those cheap and affordable CPUs, and they make it seem like AMD is so much better.

To be on 7nm and Intel be very close to them even with a 14nm.
That right there says a lot.

Intel will come back and it will stay on top for many years to come, like always, this is nothing new, it happens once every blue moon. The point is that, when AMD goes to the top, it never last long, while Intel stays in the top for decades.

In a few years, all theses so called AMD loyal fans will go back to Intel once Intel takes care of business and recover back their throne.

So really why all the hype?

tonymacx86 never allowed any discussion about AMD in the past but since AMD started to grow and now open core has better support or makes installing or running macOS on AMD much easier that tonymacx86 decided to reconsidered their decision. I think tonymacx86 made a wise decision in reconsidering.

Also, there are many web sites that support topics about AMD and provide help. So is a very smart moved by tonymacx86 to do the same.

I’m not a AMD fan. I don’t like AMD.
But I congratulate tonymacx86 for this decision.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

Last edited:
Nice to see you've adopted the change but not to be discrespectful, there's no need to your "tools" on AMD. An AMD hack is a learning curve. No one learns anything from clicking stuff in an application and having no idea what it's doing.

An AMD hack is a learning curve.
It certainly is. OpenCore is mandatory for a "Ryzentosh" build. How long did it take to get yours going ?

It certainly is. OpenCore is mandatory for a "Ryzentosh" build. How long did it take to get yours going ?

Been using an AMD hack since 10.6... Never owned an Intel machine. Between my Athlon II X2 215, FX 4300, Ryzen 5 2400G and now my 3600 I've had every version of macOS since 10.6 installed. Moving from Enoch to Clover and now to OpenCore. Been using OpenCore since AMD support was added to it.

One member posted a Rysen build using the latest version of Clover. Even attached his config.plist.

Been on Ryzen 2 Years, Never an issue. Glad it's Been Adopted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back