Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
184efad5b3cdb5826f880914e1779526.png
Good news everyone! We're changing our policy regarding the long standing Intel-only CPU rule. With the development of the OpenCore bootloader and it's support for AMD systems, it's now much easier to run macOS on them. So starting today, this site is open to builds, guides, posts and help threads for AMD based systems.

amd-ryzen-678_678x452_678x452.jpg

Since OpenCore is still under development and is considered a beta release, it's not recommend for first time users. Until UniBeast and MultiBeast which are based on Clover, are updated for OpenCore, they aren't compatible.

In the meantime, stay tuned for guides and updates. And let us know if you have questions or posts to share regarding our new policy. Have fun!

-tonymacx86 Administrators & Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple will soon get rid of AMD GPU’s.
Then they will make their own GPU.
Just the same way, Apple got rid of Nvidia and Intel

AMD is the next one on tim hit list.
Yes, Apple will use AMD for now until AMD is no longer need it.

Once Apple make the transition to their so called Apple Silicon.

Most likely they will begin GPU development

So just like Intel, AMD days are numbered.

Last edited:
Does Apple Silicon ARM CPU also includes integrated graphics? Or is it a CPU only chip?

Anyway good move by tonymac.
Adjusting to the moment and the circumstances.

I’m not an AMD fan, that includes CPU and GPU but I guess I support the move.

Not that it will make any difference Intel/AMD in a few years.

I just build a very cheap hackintosh with spare parts. I went from the best most expensive hackintosh to the cheapest ever. Thanks Mr. Cook.

My main system is running Windows.
I'm just waiting on nvidia 3090 to arrive.

Something Mac owners will never get to experience.

Big Navy :lol:

Good news :) I hope that AMD will fill in the gap with Nvidia like they did with their CPU & Intel. But new Nvidia boards are beasts. It will be difficult For them and for Apple. My next PC will be windows based only, I am waiting to see where they go with ARM.

finally ....good to see ..some new implications ..welcome back tonymacX86 :thumbup:

Having done so it seems easier to me to create an OC bootloader for current Ryzen CPUs than most Intel platforms.
If you know what a kext is and can follow directions-I recommend the Dortania guide--its not that hard.
The problem is what does not run on Ryzen in terms of software and peripheral drivers, particularly for image processing and is never going to. The Photoshop patch, which works, is just not enough.
Booting to Windows from OC without further modifications is not like Clover where Windows works like it booted natively.
I went Ryzen instead of Intel on my latest build to wean myself off the dual booting habit as Apple moves to all iPads all the time.
In just a month or two I have gone from preferentially booting to MacOS to Windows--which has always been indispensable for me because of what doesn't run on MacOS period.
The last hurdle is to give up my iPhone for-ugh-Android so I can send and receive texts on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back